• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone Colors and Matthews Paint Matching

BigDawg I am sorry I don't have the time to hunt right now but there is a website that allows you to enter the rgb or cmyk values and it provides the matthews formula. If you are unable to locate it quickly give me a phone call and I will 'hop on the bus Gus' and do a little googlefu with you.

nwsigns

95% of the time the Matthews formulas are right on but its really easy to be off when your mixing smaller amounts. What I dont understand is, how hard is it to check the color before spraying or at least sending it out. Sounds like they dont have a Pantone book which is a big problem. When I mix smaller batches I always compare it to my PMS book and then can adjust as needed before spraying - not that hard.

As for "close enough", if its an interior job or going to be viewed up close then it should be perfect. Up in the air 30' is another story but still should be very close. Again, compare and adjust before spraying is not a big deal.