• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Papyrus" hair salon client

jdb

I had a hair salon call me wanting quite a few signs... sounds profitable.
I get there and the lady gives me this artwork her "graphic designer" had done. I took one look and said I would prefer not using that artwork and she said fine. She said she wants something "edgy but clean", whatever that means. So, I spend about 10 minutes or so on a design knowing there was little chance she would like it... and she did'nt.

Here's thier design and mine. I'm kind of lost on this as she does'nt have any imput. Any help would be appreciated. Should I move on or possibly waste my valuable time doing layout after layout. What does "edgy" mean?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 103
Her money will spend the same, regardless of whose artwork you use. I like yours better, but her artwork isn't that bad. I could understand not wanting to use Brush Script or Comic Sans. Just sayin.'

jiarby

Papyrus sucks...

But, your time is valuable. Take the money crank out the easy job and move on.

Every job is not the Sistine Chapel and you are not Michaelangelo.

signmeup

Do the first one but with a sharp edged font for the 8? If this is a cut vinyl job you should cut and weed one before you give her a quote.

Attachments

• Studio8.jpg
    Studio8.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 93

jdb

Looks like I might have to take the easy money on this one. I would really like to do something different if I only knew what edgy means.
The one I did was just something to throw out there to get some feedback and direction from her.

B Snyder

Ask her to show you a few examples of what she considers edgy.
Then, charge her for the design work you do.

Jillbeans

Make the 8 in pale pink or grey, big and in a thick font and layer it behind the dreaded papyrus.
Love....Jill

Marlene

if you out a little outline on Papyrus you can take some of the yuk out of it and it is almost half way not so horrid. the one on the top is as is, the bottom one has an outline. keep trying different outlines to see how it looks. in the one below, I could have gone a little more on the outline size to get rid of some of the jags. I also didn't adjust the kerning which you would want to do also

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 99

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would think the term refers to being 'Out There' or being cool beyond one's own imagination. I guess she wants it to look freakish or super cool by pushing the envelope with colors, wacky shapes or angles...... or maybe even a strange way out font.

Good luck...... I always dread these people that can see something in their mind, but can't a single English word to describe it to the rest of humanity.

Ya know, ah sort of like, well you know.... uhhh, dude, you have to understand me here............

jdb

She doesn't want any panels, script lettering, imgaes of any kind or any bright colors... just letters.

Jillbeans

She doesn't want any panels, script lettering, imgaes of any kind or any bright colors... just letters.
I'd just give her what she already had then.
She obviously knows best.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 167