• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Papyrus...

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
STOP USING IT. UNINSTALL IT FROM YOUR SYSTEMS. Dont even give it as an option in your shop. It's an over used, cheaply made system font that has been ran into the ground. If a client would like something that looks like its been written with a quill nib with blotchy ink, provide one of your own creation. You can add that same blotchy appearance to any font. But for the love of science, STOP USING THIS P.O.S PAPYRUS in compositions and calling it a design. Setting papyrus over a textured box for a wine company, a spa, a Mediterranean themed restaurant, even SOCKS is not doing anything note worthy. Dont let your client's blissful ignorance fuel the mistake of using this font. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS RECOMMEND BETTER! grrrrrrrr... papyrus.

rant over!

Jillbeans

Jesus uses Papyrus.
:)
(I hate it too, also Bleeding Cowboys and Serpentine and a whole host of other fugly-*** fonts)
But I like you, kid.
Love...Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Actually Papyrus is a rather nice type face. Unfortunately every amateur on the planet thinks so as well. If this face were not given out with MSWord Publisher, etc, but sold by one of the specialty vendors like LHF et al would anyone feel the same hatred? The incredible overuse of this face has simply confirmed that familiarity breeds contempt.

There are lots of faces that are just butt ugly. Like Bleeding Cowboy. There are others that would be acceptable except for their extreme overuse. I should think that Papyrus falls into this latter category.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You can also add Blackadder. Nothing sends a plotter into fitful spasms like a nice jagged typeface.

JB

tsgstl

I never knew it was so hated before I joined here. I can't say I have ever suggested it but I definitely have used it.

Bottom line: I'm sure it has helped businesses that have used it more than the occasional sign/graphic artists that has poo poo'd it. Stay at home Moms dig it, what can you say?

Edit. I would rather weed it than Bodini

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
for me I would have to add freaking SCRIPTINA, the fave font of the wedding industry!

yeah... I just cut lyrics to full song out of window etch film using that damn type. NIGHTMARE. Glad they insisted on installing it in their shower. If it goes on anything like it weeded, I'll be seeing those dollars come back in for more copies.