• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parallel Cable Help...?

Budsoda

I have Vinyl Master Pro now and it works fine... I needed a longer Parallel cable..So I went and bought a new 10' File Transfer Parallel cable and it will not work...it said on the box this is not a swich box cable...is that what I need to get >>Parallel swich box cable....?
modify_inline.gif

Techman

not sure what you are trying to do and what you mean it will not work. You can buy cable extensions all you wish. But they must use the proper ends. So yes, you likely will need the sqitch box cable the ends look alike except one has pins male and the other end has openings female..
Plus, parallel cables cannot be longer that 24 feet period. The reason is that the impluses travel in two directions and longer cables prevent lose the signal timing.

SignosaurusRex

PLEASE. Elaborate some. I'm here for an education as well as help when I think I
may be able to, and Please don't tell me that I got bad information from the tech support for my hardware. that might just cause me to tip over.

cdiesel

Well, I know that on our 24" panthers from signwarehouse we had to get cables direct from them. Nothing else would work, and when we asked them why, they said that the plotters needed their propietary cables. What you might try to do is still use the orignal cable, but add an extension to it?

Techman

they said that the plotters needed their propietary cables.

The only thing proprietary about them cables is.
They are serial cables with a null modem pin config. In other words one of the wires is crossed to act as a null modem.
Thats it. And they are all over the net for about $5 bux,,

mtmdesigns

I'm here for an education as well as help when I think I
may be able to, and Please don't tell me that I got bad information from the tech.

A really good tech knows less then me....And i don't know much, honestly.

SignosaurusRex

Thats what the gold star is for

Price total around here, About $2,000. from the sound of it, Need A different image to look at.

Pro Image

The only thing proprietary about them cables is.
They are serial cables with a null modem pin config. In other words one of the wires is crossed to act as a null modem.
Thats it. And they are all over the net for about $5 bux,,

Your right on the money Techman...............

Two word for all your cable needs....................

RADIO SHACK.................