• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

- parents beware

signage

Yea Steph it is a shame! Now the parents want to stop the school from having hotdogs in the lunch menu!

shakey0818

Doesn't matter if they ban hot dogs.They should have a class on the dangers of food and choking.U can slice a hot dog any way you want it,if you don't eat it correctly then you will choke.Sad sad story.

kffernandez

Now the parents want to stop the school from having hotdogs in the lunch menu!

this is obviously a tragedy. but sheesh, people with their completely idiotic knee jerk reactions... why not ban all items/food that can fit in the mouth while they're at it?

kelly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, such a shame. A little life.... gone. That quick.

Banning certain foods won't do it. Accidents will still happen. Eating, laughing and talking with your mouth full..... what really went wrong ?? It's almost impossible to ward off every possible danger that might happen. Ya just have to learn to cope with these tragedies when they happen.

My condolences to the family.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
And is there a reason why the heimlich maneuver was never taught? I learned that in 1rst grade. heck, they beat it into us ever other year practically ... then in cubscouts they made us learn it, and in boyscouts same ... heck middle school health class made us learn it ... so did highschool.

such a tragedy ... probably another piece of information that isn't supposed to be taught at school anymore too. And where the crap was the lunch room monitor ... they ussually have a resource officer paroling it like a prison yard ...

Jillbeans

I have been thinking about that poor little girl all day.
I rarely ever served my kids hot dogs and if I did, I cut them into the size of peas.
I do not think hot dogs should be served at school, not only are they a choking hazard but they have no nutritional value whatsoever.
I worry because Liam's babysitter gives the kids hot dogs.
Love...Jill

Techman

ya,, and marbles, and jaw breakers, and other round objects kids put into their mouths.

Ya. lets just ban any thing and every thing that could cause a death.

CentralSigns

A buddy of mine was a paramedic and he went with, when his child was invited to the party. At the party a 5 yr old choked on a hot dog, being a paramedic he tried to save the boy but was unable to. The ambulance arrived within 4 min and the hospital was 3 min away. The boy died, there was nothing he could do the wiener lodged so solid in the young boys throat nothing would work. We always cut the hot dogs for our kids and any others we could, after that tragedy happened. My friend was pretty choked up for some time.

ProWraps

my dad feeds his dogs hot dogs. i guess the difference is they either die in people years or dog years.

its a wash.

SD&F

That is really a heartbreaking event. To lose a child to something so unlikely.
There is nothing within our power to prevent such things from happening unfortunately.
I mean, they banned peanut products at schools and kids are still dying or getting sick somehow. It just happens and we must try and treasure those around us and pray that this family has strength to pull through.