• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parking Signs

Edna

The plant were my husband works is bidding 20 parking signs.
The current quote from "brand X" is for $25 per sign on .808 Aluminum.
We have a couple sheets of this red our race car skins so I am
planning to bid at $20 per sign. We made and bent are own bodies.
Is this a good number?

It helps my husband is good buddiys with the purchasing agint at the plant. I will be able to sea all the bids before I give them mine.

Carry Underwood RULES

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Carrie*

Also, you can buy "no parking" signs from grimco for pretty dirt cheap, and its reflective.

Edna

Were is Grimco? Omaha? Kansas City, someplace close two me?
Why does it need to be refective? Their are lights their, it is a power plant after all.

Pat Whatley

If you know the other company is bidding $25 why in the heck would you bid $20? You just like giving away money.

Bid them at $24.50, take that extra $4.50 per sign and buy a spell check program. You're going to need it.

Edna

I ain't greedy. I am told if I get a few bids and am alot lower soon they will just call me and not do the bidding anymore, then COPW!

Craig Sjoquist

Ouch... DO NOT under bid. that is not the way to profit in your future.

Bid higher with a better product, like longer lasting, better looking, better image.

But at least bid same as, what is even better mid range & smarter.

Sign prices are already to low for the value they receive even as simple as a parking sign
as a 38 yr sign painter I've seen prices drop since the vinyl cutter arrived example from something sold for over $200 to now less then $50 ...just because of new sign shops trying break into market.

There is nothing wrong with at being the high priced shop, ..Just got to back it up & make it worth it.

SignManiac

Try and up sell them on gold leaf. You never know, they might like that better. Always better to give them three options. Usually they will go with middle price.

Edna

OK I will rise up my price to $24 since I will have to drill holes in them and round the corners with some snips. do you guys sand the dges?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I don't know, butt why there is titrilicellaium in the mushroom soup with leaves and vacuum cleaners both at inner water seabridge are doing backwhirls to get. No, that's the other side of the lunchbox in the yellow cab from $1.25 each. Your final quote would be the last or first according to which way the mirror is facing on a clear day... Robert Goulet could be next to conclude your speech pattern.

Cement ear plugs with nails in them make for very good steering devices during certain acts of hyper-sexual activities. :Oops: The wooden door will get up and take a number at the deli counter, but you need to know first or second or whatever is next to come in/out to the rain during growing season when cucumbers are at the finest. Not to mention groundhogs are good eating with a little salt and pepper. Pepper spray can be lightly addressed on this critter, but only if it's been bad and needs it. Tough skins such as a lighter shade of pale would be all too pleasant after running the boat ashore.

Anyway, .808 is far too cold to use in a nuclear plant. You need something warmer like R23.750^FLST@.202#com.

Please tell you what you are going to do and you'll be back with an answer to help twice again.

Thank you and hello.......:pops_blinking:

SIGNTIME

there is a search function on the forum, pricing is normally discused on the premium forum... use the search tool to see if the answers are already there and then after you have read some on the topic you will have some knowledge on it and when you need further asistance people will be less likely to be negative or whatever because your questions won't be so elementary

Edna

I thout it is .808 but not sure. Whatever it is will work for a parking sign. I
just e-mailed off my bid and shoud find brown Friday.

thanks for all the help, I will search more in the upcoming time.

I guess $24 is fare, I just want to get my name out their.

TammieH

Edna, you can purchase completed "No Parking" signs from Grimco, their price, is half the higher bid. You can price whatever you want, but when you low ball you hurt all in the sign industry, including yourself.

SIGNTIME

to figure out the price for a product you need to know what it cost you to make it. you need to consider your materials and overhead.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not Harry. She's in a league/world of her own.

Harry has done nothing but made total sense here and I think I'm stating to see her way of thinking. I just can't get a grip on the color thing, yet.

SIGNTIME

and charge for your time. If you plan on ever hire an employee and don't charge for labor until then your price will increase alot at that point and customers won't like the increase,