• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial Wrap - HELP

AKwrapguy

I just looked and printing the design in two horizontal sections put at double the material. I plan on using 1105/1360 for material.

Double check you math cause I just worked it on the actual template and with Vertical panels about 75 ft of material (337.5sqft) with horizontal panels about 87 ft of material (391.5 sqft) so while it might take a little more material the I think the time you would save would be more valuable.

Darion Judd

Double check you math cause I just worked it on the actual template and with Vertical panels about 75 ft of material (337.5sqft) with horizontal panels about 87 ft of material (391.5 sqft) so while it might take a little more material the I think the time you would save would be more valuable.
And you're saying I should wrap even the white parts?

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes looking at this picture its a full wrap.
it will be faster and easier just to wrap what little white area there is
the cost of the material is less than the cost of the labor to only do a partial wrap

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We get a lot of customers come to us to fix their wraps that was done elsewhere because it looks like crap. Hmmm horizontal seams. What the....

neato

My question is, where did the design come from? Are you copying another designers work?

Darion Judd

Just a quick update, I've officially got the job. The designs were approved and the deposits have been made! I think we're going to go for horizontal panels. THANK YOU everyone who has helped so far. I will definitely post some result pics!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Michigan has horrible salt on the roads and oxidation also happens quickly. A great upsell from a partial wrap is the added protection to the paint when a full wrap is installed.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
on a vehicle like this,whats wrong with a horizontal seam?

Less seams = good. Yes, more work and justifiably pricier but the customer will be happy. On this vehicle you will inevitably end up with a seam somewhere though.

Dan360

I've done a few of these and switched to horizontal seam after the first one, I found it was quicker and easier going with horizontal panels on the sides.

Darion Judd

Thank you guys for all the help! We ended up going with a a horizontal seam. It was definitely interesting and a lot easier then I had expected! Again, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 7732ECD5-DFAD-429C-830E-7FC741A15774.jpeg
    7732ECD5-DFAD-429C-830E-7FC741A15774.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 312
  • BE59EE57-9A31-48A5-9CBD-5F8D81DDCA46.jpeg
    BE59EE57-9A31-48A5-9CBD-5F8D81DDCA46.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 226
  • D2BD3C1E-6C67-4EB6-B46B-B1F514094E6E.jpeg
    D2BD3C1E-6C67-4EB6-B46B-B1F514094E6E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 238
  • F0495AEC-5A57-49C4-ABE3-30CD0CDBC84D.jpeg
    F0495AEC-5A57-49C4-ABE3-30CD0CDBC84D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 248

WB

That looks nothing like the original mock up but maybe I'm missing something.
You wrapped the sliding rail for the door does that part not get touched by the slider?

Darion Judd

That looks nothing like the original mock up but maybe I'm missing something.
You wrapped the sliding rail for the door does that part not get touched by the slider?

The original mock up was sent to us by the client as an “idea” and it was made for a Mercedes. We had to come up with a design for the promaster.

ejmoan

Last one I did I used two horizontal panels with an extra piece to avoid overstretching the inset. Was more but am certain it will not fail. I prefer avery 1105 with 1460 lam.