• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parts from GBC.

Richard G

My Titan 165 just blue out a transformer and I was told that it will be end of April before they have them in stock since they have to wait for the Chinese to make them. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to scab a transformer for this machine. Part # 610011903 from GBC.
thanks
:banghead:

WB

I would think that if you knew the specs on it you could get 1 made locally. We've had a couple Transformers made for different pieces of equipment because our power didn't exactly match what was required.

I have a 165. I might have a manual somehwere

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Worse comes to worse I'll meter ours to see what the output is tomorrow. I've seen it in there, not very big or unusual.

Richard G

Sorry got taken away from post. the transformer is 230 v / 240 v output is dual at 34. v 2.5 amp and 16.5 v .05 amp. the 34 volt is reading about 7 to 8 and there is no reading on the other.
I have tried locally and have had any luck yet.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That much be a different laminator model. Mine is an Arctic Titan 165 which just runs off regular 120v....

Sounds like you have a heated model. There is probably room in the back channel for you to install 2 separate transformers/power supplies as another option as well. Find one that is 34v at least 2.5 amp (should be safe to go a little higher on the amperage if you have to), then another that is 16.5v (within a half volt would probably also work fine in a pinch). Just would need to make sure both get power in, and their outputs go to the appropriate lines and of course if its DC out make sure you get the polarity right.