• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pay Your Bills.

omgsideburns

Ok, I've been hesitant to post this because I know this type of behavior is against popular opinion, hinging on unethical, and in some areas illegal.. and I don't want this to become a debate (we have some lengthy and creative attorney approved legalese on our paperwork that lets us get away with repo's). Anyway, the picture is way more fun than the story so I will leave it at that. I want this thread to be something to laugh about, because I know most of us wish we could do this kind of stuff, but most of us also know better.

Here's what happens when you fail to pay my boss.

Crew arrived at 6:00AM, the above sign was on the building.
At 6:08AM the below sign had replaced it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• payyourbills.jpg
    payyourbills.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 169

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's good. Like you said, almost impossible to pull off for most, but we do something similar that is 100% legal.

We have a large 'A' frame that we put out front on our own lawn that names the customer and then it says, please come pay your bill !!

We've only ever used it once that I remember.

omgsideburns

8 minutes after install?

No, the crew showed up at 6. It took 8 minutes to pull down the panel and screw up the new one. I've adjusted that line.

And Mosh, as far as I know they still have an outstanding balance. I just do design, the numbers aren't my game. (and their sign was customer supplied "artwork").

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
It just might be effective enough to have that 4x4 (Sign removed for Non-Payment) displayed semi-conspicuously visible from your front desk to keep those with intentions of screwing you from bothering.

royster13

It most jurisdiction it does not matter what your paperwork says, you can not take away anything given under a statute.....So even if you have something on your paperwork about "repo" you will still have to follow the law.....But good luck......Let signs101 know if we need to take a collection for bail......

GypsyGraphics

Did that once with a client's webiste.
Pulled the site and had a page that said, "Expired, contact your developer for renewal."
If i remember correctly, their bill was paid with an hour via PayPal.

petrosgraphics

a few years back we got called to the carpet for taking a sign down for nonpayment.

trespassing was the violation, had to put the sign back.... took him to court,he had to

pay monthly installments.... what a pain just to get money that is owed to you........

B Snyder

If/when you return the sign I think you should alter the business name to include "Not so."

This makes sense if you search for "burger shop & cafe" on Google. Just saying.:wink:

CheapVehicleWrap

Did that once with a client's webiste.
Pulled the site and had a page that said, "Expired, contact your developer for renewal."
If i remember correctly, their bill was paid with an hour via PayPal.

Often times I'll register a companies URL for them, use an existing one I have in stock or purchase a better one for them to start using. $8 a year gives me the type of control I desire and all too often need.

Pat Whatley

Often times I'll register a companies URL for them, use an existing one I have in stock or purchase a better one for them to start using. $8 a year gives me the type of control I desire and all too often need.
So what you're saying is that you can hijack their site anytime they don't meet your demands and you can keep them from letting anyone else do their work?

Drip Dry

Years ago I had a friend who sold a simple 50.00 paper sign for a bar.
Took the order over phone... no deposit.

Guy never came to pick it up. My friend decides to go over with the sign.
Arrives... barmaid says he's not there so she can't pay. She gets boss on
phone and hands the phone to friend.

Guy says he's not paying because he doesn't need it anymore. Friend says
be a gentleman and pay something for his trouble. Guy says OK I'll give you half. Barmaid gets phone back and is told to pay half. She pays.......

Friend gets money.... unrolls it out to show her the sign and tears it in half.
He hands her half the sign and says, tell your boss when he pays the rest he can have the rest of the sign.

I still laugh everytime I think of it.

CheapVehicleWrap

So what you're saying is that you can hijack their site anytime they don't meet your demands and you can keep them from letting anyone else do their work?

No I didn't say that. I'm a fair person that's been screwed a few too many times. I have nothing to do with website development. But if you want to screw me, you better hope I don't own MY domain.

ProWraps

your boss is lucky he didnt get met with a shotgun to the face. the second that sign is on his building he OWNS it. regardless of payment.

im suprised in florida where guns laws are so easy, he was able to pull this off. here in california, he would have been in trouble.

i personally would have opted for a sign spinner with a coro sign in the shape of a penis and some good text about non payment in front of his shop.

its one thing to repo the sign, its DAMN BALLSY AS HELL, to attach another one to someones property with a message like that.

the legal ramifications are endless. trespassing, vandalism, defamation of character, libel (its in print) and the list goes on. ambulance chasers are a plenty here on the west coast. in florida, the scam capitol of the world, i would have to think you have your fair share there as well.

i have to vote dumb move on that one.

i hope your boss has a good attorney.