• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paypal tax reminder

signswi

screw the us government, I dont think giving money to an institution that doesnt know how to manage it is a good idea. They can all go str8 to hell. they take and take and take. and will continue to take. I pity the fool that reports 100% of everything he makes

Quoting this in case he tries to delete it later realizing information never dies on the internet.

PAY YOUR TAXES jackhole!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It was easier to cheat on your returns 40 years ago when they didn't have the manpower to track everything down, but with a computer paper trail and modern technology... you're silly if you try to fool the IRS and think you're not being watched.

Like ddarlak said in post #14, do it right. I agree 110%.

Sure can tell this year is coming to an end..........

dj_elite

So I use Paypal and qualify for this. But what about all the ebay sales on used items, or when a friend Paypals me money he owes me. I have to pay taxes for all of it?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
so you aren't concerned about an audit?

In a service heavy business such as this, cash sales are hard to track. If most of your cost is ephemeral and not a solid object (such as man hours and overhead on equipment) most auditors will be extremely hard pressed to find anything out of the ordinary if you have no invoice and no digital trail of money to track and follow. It is why some businesses still do the cash only thing.

dj_elite

Just received an email today from Paypal on this stating they are sending me and the IRS a 1099K form. Anyone know anything about this form?

JoshLoring

You could live in California and have the state 1099 you for your federal tax return..

I mean really? Shouldn't this be illegal?

splizaat

****...I got popped for this in september.....looks like I'll be paying some taxes this year. #$%$%546544234!!!!!

visual800

so when paypal send you this form they are going to show ALL transactions OR will the break it down?......it's ok kids just because your on a public forum no sense in trying to convince me you are 100% on the up and up....cause if I were to get paid in cash I damn sure wouldnt admit it

Jillbeans

In PA, aren't "services" state tax free?
At least that's what my Revenue guy told me.
Just wondering.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
so when paypal send you this form they are going to show ALL transactions OR will the break it down?......it's ok kids just because your on a public forum no sense in trying to convince me you are 100% on the up and up....cause if I were to get paid in cash I damn sure wouldnt admit it

For me, I don't need to convince you.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] You don't collect my taxes.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] We have several accountants work on our year-end returns and quarterlies.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] We are set up as legal as you can be.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Sure, if someone hands me a 10 spot for a piece of cut-off, I'm not going to declare it.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] However, should someone pay me cash, and doesn't ask for a receipt.... don't you think they might be declaring it for their write-offs ?? If your company's name appears on someone's tax returns and it is cross-referenced, don't you think they might come a knockin' on your door ??

Only a fool would play with the IRS and try to beat them at their own game. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's try this one out. Do any of you have a tax exemption number ?? If not, how do you set up your invoice ??
[/FONT]

Bigdawg

Just Me
I've always claimed my paypal earnings. I do all my freelance invoices (even the ones that don't pay through paypal) using it and it would be stoopid not to be on the up and up with it since it is a part of my income.

Years ago before electronics you could cheat. I don't see how anyone thinks they can get away with it now... even if it's not reported to the IRS there's that electronic trail that will ALWAYS be there. Just isn't a chance I want to take.

MatthewTimothy

no,

audits take time and money, with paypal having to report, most people will not cheat as easily...

actually this is incorrect. Statistics show that the IRS will audit 1 out of 10 people in their lifetime. An individual that runs a home business or home office is more than likely to increase the odds to 1 and 4. This is why my wife and I started to itemize to prove transactions. We keep all transactions in a filing cabinet and we will tell the IRS to have a look there is everything. Plus also be aware that they are really targeting people that claim their personal vehicle as a work expense or gas expenses. You must keep an actually running log with full receipts, and down to the mile of what you are doing OR the IRS will deny you. PLUS claiming you personal vehicle as a "work expense" gets you up the ladder at getting audited.

EDIT:
ALSO you can go to PayPal and print your documentation of the earnings there. They started doing this last year. Another institution that does this is EBay now. I dont really blame them though, why should someone that owns a store front be liable and forced to pay more taxes then someone that is generating a 100% profit from an online store. Not really fair, and YES I pay my taxes from online expenses. :thumb:

signswi

visual800 the number of times you've admitted to skirting the IRS on these forums is hilarious and sad. I have dinner sometimes with a former special agent for the IRS (computer forensics) and they're quite good at their jobs. I'd tone it down, or better yet, pay your taxes. You lose all conversational rights to ***** about tax rates, tax policy, etc. when you skirt the system and refuse to participate in grown up society.

149motorsports

ok dumb question. I accept paypal and have always claimed it as a sale. I'm no where near 200 transactions in a year nor 20,000. so i should be good correct?