• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PayPal WARNING

MatthewTimothy

I have had a major problem with PayPal this week that it has completely destroyed my PayPal account. I have funds taken out of my bank account and not processed through Paypal and indicated as a failed transaction. Ive been on the phone for a week. They have indicated that they are "updating" their system and others are having issues. To you out there that use it, check your accounts. I am going amazon and google now.

visual800

this is why I got NO funds in my paypal account, aint nothing there nothing will be taken. all thing are taken out of mastercard and they will nto hesistate to smack down on paypal

showcase 66

Once I get paid using Pay Pal I transfer it right to my bank account, I would never leave money on pay pal.

Curious to know why you wont leave it in there. I have never had any problems with paypal that was not a result of something I did. Even when I have had a dispute against me, They held the funds that were paid to me but was released about a week later after proving that their item was delivered and signed for by ups. I have had over $6k in there for about 4 months before I finally transferred it.

Tigertron

No problems here either. I used to leave money in the account when they were paying 6% interest. Now I move it out as it accumulates. Just did a transfer yesterday without problems.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Many years with no such problems and three separate accounts. We never add money from our bank though ... all funds move only to our bank.

Techman

Many will have no problems. The error rate is only about 2%. But, if you have a problem you have it at 100%.

phototec

No problems with PayPal, mostly use CC for transactions and get the additional 1% cask-back from the CC provider.

:rock-n-roll:

visual800

Many will have no problems. The error rate is only about 2%. But, if you have a problem you have it at 100%.

paypal is bad about locking down your account if there is an issue. If you have $3000 in your account and there is a problem with a lamp you bought for $10 they will lock your whole account down, thats why I keep no money in there. As soon as money is placed in that account it goes straight to another account.

Did you all ever notice how paypal was always wanting to "verify" your account? First it was a phone number and then after that it iwas an account you had to open, it was one thing after another I suprised they are still in business to be honest with you. They have nothing but Indian support that cant speak english about as well as a camel (insert racism) and they are no help.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Exactly so. In my brief experience with PayPal it became abundantly clear that they're set up for a very narrow spectrum of normal and they are utterly incapable of handling exceptions to their definition of normal.

In my mercifully short experience with them, the exact details of which are lost in the mists of time, I had bought something on Ebay and used PayPal's dubious services to complete the transaction. I received the goods, the seller appeared to have received payment and some minor functionary at PayPal called and insisted that I do something, I can't remember what it was but I do remember that this specimen as really insistent.

I told this being that I wasn't going to do anything, nothing, nada, zip, zero for them. That if they had some problem or another then they could damn well solve it without my participation.

They insisted, to which I responded "Close my account. Now. This instant." The response was that in order to do that I had to appeal to some other part of their bureaucracy.

I said that I had just notified a representative of PayPal, that was sufficient and that if I ever, as in ever, was contacted by them for any reason or if they ever, as in ever, touched my life in any way that I was fully prepared to engage my attorneys and drive them into the sea.

This prompted the thick-accented being from somewhere east of the Levant to put a gringo on the line. I repeated what I said to the ethnic lackey to the English speaking specimen. She said that Abdul or whatever its name was had been correct and that their policies were thus and so and that was that.

I explained that I did not work for PayPal and, that being the case, my lack of interest in whatever policies they choose to affect was total. I repeated my previous request that they sever all contact with me, obliterate any relationship they might think they have with me, and never contact me again for any reason. Any reason. If they didn't comply there would be lawyers.

The gringo then put her wing commander on the line who repeated PayPal's position. I repeated my response and added that if it came to lawyers that he would be named specifically in whatever action I decided to take. This one hung up on me.

I've never heard from them again. Thankfully.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
that I was fully prepared to engage my attorneys and drive them into the sea.

you really think your somebody, huh?

i think it's funny that you can remember the phone conversation almost verbatim, yet you don't recall the circumstances that lead to your drama....