Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc-60

Discussion in 'Roland' started by yurissigns, Mar 22, 2007.

1. yurissigns

yurissigns New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    We're currently using pnc-1060 but were looking to purchase a PC-60. We would be printing on vinyl mainly. My question though is how does the pc-60 stack up to other roland products? Please let me know your experiences with it if at all possible. Thanks!

Sean

Tags:
  2. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I've got a pc-600 and its great when its working. The printer has issues with the print head in that its very fragile... you need to keep it extremely clean or you can expect to pay $750 for a new print head...(happened to me). The ink costs are much hight than ink costs of an versacamm. But if you plan on buying a used versacamm you can expect to pay twice as much as you might pay for a used colorcamm. But if you really arent looking to spend alot then you might be better off getting a colorcamm. Although the ink costs are higher with a colorcamm, its still a nice printer if the print head is in good shape. If not...dont bother...stick to overlay

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    its old dead technology, it get discussed on this board on a weekly basis.

It was less than stellar when it was first introduced..

4. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    STAY AWAY! They are not worth the agony and grief it will cause you. This is coming from experience.

5. yurissigns

yurissigns New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Thanks guys!

I'm glad there are some knowledgable people on here to help out.