• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC-600 usability

ToyotaDiesel

For an intro, I'm equipping for a startup graphics business. I want to focus on wraps in the future, but for now we'll be doing a lot of vinyl cutting. I currently have a Roland Camm-1 Pro 36".

I'm looking at a PC-600 (for $2000) as a backup to the Camm-1 cutter, and do to the multi color jobs, stickers, etc that come along.

I've read mixed reviews about where the effectiveness of the PC-600 tapers off, and as I understand it the heads wear out when printing full page color print jobs? Can anyone clarify what type of usability I can expect to get out of a PC-600?

Thanks

high impact

I've owned both and it's not a bad machine for what it is. HOWEVER, there is no future for the pc-60 or pc-600. It is extremely limited for today's market. It is an ok machine for printing white, metalic or static clings, but very expensive to run. I'd buy a working unit for $500 but I wouldn't spend a dollar more on it than that.

If you are seriously developing a market sub out your digital print jobs for now or purchase a versacamm or value jet and really be able to produce product. You will be way farther ahead.

ToyotaDiesel

Thanks for the advice. Keep an eye out for my versacamm questions. :)

Highimpact, thanks for the link in your sig. I enjoyed it.

high impact

I'm dangerous when it comes to digital printing and there are those who know waaaaayyyyyyy more than I do. :frustrated: However, I have owned and operated a versacamm SP300V for the last two years and will share what little I do know. Good luck on your business venture!

ToyotaDiesel

Thanks! What about using the PC-600 as a mobile print / cut? Like using it just for shows, events, etc. I mean, if I had a versacamm, I definitely wouldnt be packing it for use on the road.

TheSignShop

You can't cut any bigger than 18" w with the PC-600....we just got one at a great deal and now it's collecting dust because we can't do what we would like to do with it. The cutter is agonizingly slow as well.

Techman

Harsh responses for a Roland product.

Harsh evaluation of responses. We responded with the truth. Its an old machine. Very old technology. It had a few that liked the machine and there are way too many who hated it. Just because it said Roland didn't make it winner.

ToyotaDiesel

Harsh evaluation of responses. We responded with the truth. Its an old machine. Very old technology. It had a few that liked the machine and there are way too many who hated it. Just because it said Roland didn't make it winner.

True. I guess I was assuming since it was a Roland it was a good product worth having.

Anyone care to recommend a good print cut that would be good for portability?