• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC60 - print directly on magnetic?

tommythesignguy

I have used some newer machines that warn not to run magnetic thru them. Would it be possible to print directly to magnetic with the ribbon machines?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
On a PC60? I wouldn't.
If you do try it use GerberMag (Thinner material made for the Edge)
Post the results. :thumb:

Jackpine

Print on vinyl and apply on to the magnet. I had a PC600 and would not even think of trying to print on magnetic. Not worth the trouble for the damage it could do the the printer/cutter.

Last edited:

tommythesignguy

Thanks, I didn't know... the machine was sorta free, so I wasn't that worried about it. If it would work I would use it alot more. For cutting vinyl, it is in slow motion and for printing stickers it's so-so.

Jackpine

You can print CYM mode or just K from Corel 10 and up. It does spot colors and can print a white base on clear. You could print on the thinner mag material, but for a long run I would use Stouse. For in house, I printed, applied to the mag material and cut with an xacto or a wheel cutter.
Thanks, I didn't know... the machine was sorta free, so I wasn't that worried about it. If it would work I would use it alot more. For cutting vinyl, it is in slow motion and for printing stickers it's so-so.

tommythesignguy

You can print CYM mode or just K from Corel 10 and up. It does spot colors and can print a white base on clear. You could print on the thinner mag material, but for a long run I would use Stouse. For in house, I printed, applied to the mag material and cut with an xacto or a wheel cutter.
Thanks, I am gonna try it.

Sign Works

NO, The PC-600 maximum media thickness for printing is 8 mil, it was warned that anything over that would probably damage the print head (direct from Roland). I would imagine that the PC-60 is similiar.

Bogie

Tommy, if you don't have one already, get one of the "medium" squeegees from Dale (the dealie that's about 30" or so...).

It'll pay for itself the FIRST time you lay some 3651 on some magnet. It's like poetry in motion.

Jackpine

I did NOT mean to imply to print on magnetic material. I NEVER did and only installed vinyl onto the magnet. Sign Works is 100% correct. My work flow was to print on vinyl and install onto the magnet. I printed on Fellers Shinerite gloss white. I liked it better than the recommended MacTac. I exported my all files as and eps, RGB with CutContour lines to the RIP. Mostly I printed in CMY mode and saved 25% cost and did not scarify color quality. There is a slight difference but for most jobs.....CMY. At the time I printed with aPC600, I laminated with Shinerite clear gloss. A UV film such as Oracle 210 would extend the life of the print. I used Frog Juice and ClearShield products also with good results. I hope this clears up any miss understood information. Oh...and as Bogie said...."get a big squeegee" a must have tool for any sign shop.
NO, The PC-600 maximum media thickness for printing is 8 mil, it was warned that anything over that would probably damage the print head (direct from Roland). I would imagine that the PC-60 is similiar.