• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDF Printing

evader

Quick question...I've got a single page pdf file that is 8.5 x 11 in size and I want to print it 2 up on 11 x 17 but I can't figure out how to get it to do that.

When I set the page size to 11 x 17 and then click on "multiple" in the print dialog box it will only print the page 1 up on the 11 x 17.

There has to be a way to get the pdf to print 2 up on the page even though it's only a single page document...isn't there?

Marie

The following settings work for me: select "Multiple", Pages per Sheet: 2, Print Order: Horizontal. I am using Acrobat Pro X. Hope that helps!

MikePro

mine's always just been as simple as "Copies: 2" "Page Size: 11x17" "Scale: Actual Size" "Copies per Page: 2" "Layout: Portrait/Landscape (depending)"

...but its been finding all the menus within the menus that's a pain for me, especially working with 3 different OS versions all the time :(

evader

Can't get it to work for some reason.

here is a screen shot of what it looks like when I try...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 109

evader

jhilldesigns - how do I duplicate the page in acrobat reader?

xxaxx - changing it to say 2 copies doesn't change anything

J Hill Designs

yeah i did it in pro, but if reader has 'insert page' under the document tab you can do it. what I did was, in my computer I copy pdf I want, then paste it (as copy of blah.pdf) then insert that as page 2

royster13

Another way is to create a copy of the page....Put it on your desktop and right click > copy.....Then paste on to desktop...You should now have a copy.......Go to www.ILuvPDF.com and merge the 2 pages as 1 file....Once you have the file merged, you can use the tile function in Reader to put both parts on 1 11 x 17 sheet......

Bkaupp

If you do this a lot there are some plugins (eg,: PDF Snake, Quite Imposing) that will do the imposition for you, but you do need Acrobat Pro. They aren't cheap, so if you aren't imposing much they are llikely a waste. They have other cool tricks as well, and there may be less costly alternatives, those are just what we have used on the print side of our business.

Sooner Printing

You have a xerox 550.. Do you not have impose with the fiery? Every xerox we own has came with impose.. But then again we are a print serve provider..maybe you just use it for proofs so opted out on the fiery

arronlee

Resize a PDF page?
Goto file-->print setup-->and select your paper size under the "size:" section

Then go file-->print and set "Page scaling" to "Fit to printer margins"

Should be good then, other than that i don't know.

Or you can choose a third party SDK to help you. I'm searching for a good one.

We can communicate about it later.

-------------
Best Regards,
Arron

I'm new at Signs101
Wanna know more about dealing with images, barcodes, and documents.