• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDF Problem

cartersigns

I'm trying to export an ad as a PDF to send to another company for printing in a paper that they are doing. The problem I'm having is on some of the pictures in the ad I have used a vignette effect but when I export it as a PDF it loses the vignette effect.
I've attached 2 samples below. The first sample shows what the pictures should look like and the second sample shows what it looks like when saved as a PDF. Sorry the quality is bad in the second one...I had to do a screen capture to get the pdf version...but notice the extra box around the image?

Anyone know why it's doing that and how I can fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 109
  • coffee1.jpg
    coffee1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 79

anotherdog

document raster settings, turn off preserve spot colours
Same for flatten transparency.
any boxes are the result of how illustrator handles the transition between areas it has as vector and transparency effects it has to bitmap.
You should also try some different output to .pdf settings.

If you are using the illustrator save as .pdf that is different again. Some output devices have problems with all that extra "file" that is only used by illustrator.

cartersigns

sorry I'm actually using Corel Draw...saving as PDF. At home I was using Corel Draw11 and here at the office I'm using Corel Draw12...

Garbus

maybe ... ?? =;o)

sorry I'm actually using Corel Draw...saving as PDF. At home I was using Corel Draw11 and here at the office I'm using Corel Draw12...

Sounds like maybe your "worksheet" is too small?

"publish to PDF" will always make your pdf in the excact size as your worksheet / papersize / working environment ... What ever its called =;o)

Hope this helps???

///LUX///

klmiller611

I don't have Corel Draw, Illustrator only, but one other thing you might try, it has helped me, was the options on PDF, saving as a PDF X-3 with transparency flattening in place. There are similar issues in standard PDFs made in InDesign with a drop shadow effect, after a fair amount of searching, reading, and experimenting, I generally found that saving as a PDF/X-3 compliant format ended the problems. The other option, at least in InDesign, was outlining the fonts.

Naturally, I'd save the file as an editable file elsewhere, in case you need to go back and make changes.

Ken Miller