• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDFs for Dummies

Jillbeans

Hi.
I have to make a .pdf from Corel 12 to send to a client via email.
How the heck does one do this?
Thanks in advance.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

SignsRus

Hi.
I have to make a .pdf from Corel 12 to send to a client via email.
How the heck does one do this?
Thanks in advance.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

You need Acrobat Professional to create PDF's.

When you install Acrobat Professional it installs a printer called "Adobe PDF" you can then select this instead of printers when printing something. It will then give you some options for the PDF, and generates one.

BTW I have acrobat pro installed and can generate a pdf for you and send it back if you don't have it

jiarby

in X3 from the File Menu:
Publish to PDF

Email the file to me and I'll shoot you a pDF back. (convert to curves first!)

Google up "Free PF" and download a free pdf creator.

hammered

I doubt this will help since its from X3 but from File theres the command Publish to PDF. If thats no help sorry.

weaselboogie

Another cool one is PrimoPdf. Its a program that ACTS like a printer. You can 'print' from any program to a pdf. I use it for excel to make a pdf if I need to send a custom quote for email.

tommythesignguy

Jill, Corel 12 has a pdf filter. Create your document then - Go to file like you were going to Export - then publish to pdf - towards the bottom.
Hope this helps!

rcook99

Jill, If you can't get it done in Corel 12 I will be glad to help ya out and do it in X-3 for you. Let me know if you need a hand.

Bob

Drip Dry

Of the free PDF makers mentioned above, do any of them protect them
from allowing the vectors to be retrieved from the file and be used by the competiton.

JT

Rodi

I always make .ps files then distill, I have found exporting/saving pdfs processes out spot colors.

Jillbeans

Thanks for all the offers of help.
I do think it worked, I can open it up and it looks like it's a .pdf to me!
Anyone want to see if it looks OK?
(I'll delete it shortly)
Love....Jill

PMG

Jill unless you want the customer to have the vector version of your file,,i would flatten the image ..your pdf is all vector!!!!!!

Jillbeans

Thanks for checking. It's going to their t-shirt guy so it has to be use-able, and yes, they paid me.
:)
Now if anyone wants to tell me how to make it hard for someone to use, I'm all ears!
Love.....Jill

gabagoo

i make my pdf's in Corel 9. Was wondering how you lock them or make them useless other than viewing. Do I have to create it as a bitmap to start?

Techman

you cannot permanently lock them no matter what.

But you can keep those who are "not in the know" from getting your goodies.

That is all you can do.. so flatten your work...