• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDFs print but the image files are missing, only certain PDFs have this problem

john maughan

When I print some PDF files they print but any images/pictures are not printed, totally missing. When i check the print preview they show up. What could cause this.
Im using SAI flexi RIP and HP Latex 315 printer.
preview.png
20220629_131702.jpg

See attached pics

mim

0_o
Where are you getting the PDFs from?
In our shop we have a shared server for various designers to drop files into. When I go to open them I can see the images but they will sometimes not appear on the print. This is because the image's file path is on their local server and not the shared server. When that happens I have to have the designers go back and save the image in the shared server.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Where are you getting the PDFs from?
In our shop we have a shared server for various designers to drop files into. When I go to open them I can see the images but they will sometimes not appear on the print. This is because the image's file path is on their local server and not the shared server. When that happens I have to have the designers go back and save the image in the shared server.
or embed them into the file.

• Agree
Reactions: mim

cshook

When I print I have to make sure that the include image button is on, if it isn't my HP won't print the pictures. I'm using SAI also, make sure in the preview you are on print tab.

Ldireprophil

Yeah, a layer may be missing depending on who created the pdf. I open in photoshop and resave it as PNG and it captures all the layers and prints correctly.

JetPress

I bet those images are set as Overprints, which show up in the RIP, but do not actually print.
I had this issue once and it was because of that reason. John since you are using Flexi click on the images that are not showing up and see if the Overprint box is checked

Attachments

• overprint.jpg
    overprint.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 117