• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pen Tablets

Jwalk

I have a Wacom Intous4 ptk 540wl, I got it a few years ago I use it primarily for digital drawing , I love it. I also really like the quick keys and navigation wheel for your left hand. wireless is great too.

Bigger is better , The one I have the actual writing surface is 6hx8.5w the total size is 10hx14w. I definitely wouldn't have gone any smaller than that. I find this particular size ok for digital drawing, It got much better when I really started to use the quick keys etc. With this type of instrument you never really can go wrong with bigger. Unless you have some sort of space limitation.

I do dream of getting a Wacom monitor but can't really justify it yet, I don't use it as much as I should. I mean less ps4 more Wacom.

shoresigns

Definitely go with Wacom - they have the market cornered on drawing tablets. If you've never tried one before just pick up one of their Bamboo tablets - they were around $100 last I checked and they're fantastic despite being the cheapest model. Worth the price even if you only end up using it once in awhile. If you end up using it a lot, you can upgrade later.

WildWestDesigns

I'm a firm believer in the Wacom product line. Especially the Cintiqs.

We run a 27QHD Touch, 21UX, a 12WX and the 1st gen Cintiq Companion (not the hybrid, full Win 8.1 OS) for travel/out of office digitizing especially.

I prefer these to the more traditional "tablets" that Wacom offers. More natural for those that like to sketch. I used to sketch my stock designs and then import them in to Ai and go from there. There isn't that disconnect from where you are looking to where you are actually doing the drawing. Now, everything is able to be done digitally. I'll sometimes do sketches traditionally, but with the Cintiq, not so much.

Fechin

HUION brands aren't too bad and more affordable, I picked up the 19" monitor tablet for a fraction of the wacom and get just good use, upgrading from the wacom cintiq 12".