• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

perf cut with versaworks and vp-540

stillhasdust

I am trying to perf cut with my versaworks and vp-540 but I cannot figure out how to do it. Please if anybody knows help me out. Thanks in advance

petepaz

i don't think you can perf cut on the roland machines(vp540)
i think they are just set up for kiss cut
but if you want to try
i would use a segmented (sectioned/dotted) line where the cuts are and give it the CutContour value and raise your blade pressure so it will go through what you are cutting
see if that works

petepaz

nice
you learn something new everyday
how does the perf cut effect the cutting bar and the point of the blade
is this only avail on new models
i have seen some plotters that perf cut and there was a channel that the blade pushed into so the point wouldn't hit anything

Decal Designs

It works with my SP300V, but to be honest I think it will kill blades and cutting strips. I tried it with laminated vinyl and could not get enough blade pressure to perfcut properly, but the blade was not new. A great idea that would save me a lot of time cutting up sheets of stickers, but I think I prefer killing scalpel blades rather than plotter blades!!!

Kev

Sports4Less

I have been trying this for a little while tonight. Had some input from a tech with one of my suppliers and hoped it would work but not having much success so far. I am cutting 6ml material. Does anyone have some settings that might work? I was told to put a 60 deg blade in and have it stick all the way out but it is ripping my sheet. I do a test cut and that works fine but the perfcut only works until it cuts along the edge and then it gets caught up. I am not sure it is even worth doing, but I will be doing a fairly large amount of stickers of different shapes so thought it made sense. It doesn't make much sense if I am going to ruin my machine trying to get it to work. Currently I have the pressure at .050, the perf length at 1.5 and the per pressure at 288. I haven't been able to find any support on Roland's site. Any help is appreciated.

mac_man_luke

what you need to do is have the blade just sticking out far enough that it will go through the backing paper, needs to be very sharp and id suggest you should only need 150 to 200gram of force

Dot Matrixa

The perf cut contour didn't work. I have a 1000 sticker run of 2" x 2" but can't get the profile right in versaworks. I don't want to have to punch out 1000 stickers or have them in 8" x 11" sheets. Any other ideas?

mac_man_luke

we recently had a 500 run of stickers - in the end we cut them to manageable sheets accurately then got them guillotined by a near by printer

Mason

Perf cut on the versacamms eats both blades and cut strips, extremely fast!!
its a nice feature, but...

Dot Matrixa

Okay, any recommendations for guillotines? I saw one at ISA Las Vegas, it was right as you walked in, but have since forgotten the company name.

grafixemporium

In the time you have spent trying to figure out how to perf cut your 1000 decals, you could have run to your nearest office supply store, purchased a cheap guillotine style cutter, sliced your 2x2 decals into strips and then used the guillotine to cut them into individual decals.

messmedia

I have an electric guillotine, some chines thing, costed me 1000 euros, and it's cut area is 450 x 470 mm - I got it 'cause I have a small run laser print house, and provide complete laser printing service.
Now, I do cut vinyl decals on it, but there are some problems:

1: minimum cut length for my guillotine is 5cm (2''), because it has press on it - a peace of hard iron to pres paper so it will not move or anything like it. Most of electric guillotines have a press on them, therefore, they have minimum cut area
2: glue from vinyl is coming from sides of decals and remain glued on guillotine knife, which deteriorates cut quality, and it must be cleaned often.

There are also smaller manual guilotines, some - better ones, have a press, therefore - same problems as above, other do not have a press, but U can only cut few papers/vinyl decals.
Second one mentioned U can buy for, like, 50$ or so, but, I'm not sure how much different it is from doing it with scalpel.

As for guillotines - IDEAL brand is a good choice if U want quality, durability etc.
Though, I am pretty happy with my chinese no-name one (acctually, it has a name, but of a company I bought it from, so, good chance is U can find one who import them under their own name - there)