• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pet Spa/daycare sign layout. Left or right?

signmeup

The text would be carved/gilded and tha animals just painted. Anyone have a preference....(or sage advice.) I like the right but is it too weird having the cats paw over the rule line?
Looking at the thumbnail....maybe I should emphasize "pet resort"?

Attachments

• BlueHeavenSm.jpg
    BlueHeavenSm.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 137

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Humm thats a hard one, I think they both look fine. Lol probably not what you wanted to hear but oh well.

Marlene

I like the right hand side version best. I love the cat's paw on the rule as it gives some action to the graphic. I'd even go so far as to change the do dad to a ball so that it looks like the cat is going after that

signmeup

Thanks Marlene. I hate carving rounded dodads into a sign face....too hard to get it perfect but I could glue a gilded wooden ball in place instead. Nice idea.

TheSellOut

I like the right as well! You and Marlene both beat me to my suggestions: ball or ball of yarn and the put more emphasis on the "Pet Resort"

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you have to pick one of these, the right one. But the silhouette animals aren't working with the dimensional copy and just what is that bird doing to that dog?

signmeup

I sent it out for the customer to take a look at. This was sent back with the following note,"what you you think of this design? I really don't need the bird. I can't seem to get rid of the box around the cat and the dog doesn't need to be as detailed. As much as I love weiners-they do not represent the "activness" of my resort which is what sets me apart from other boarding facilities."

I'm gobb smacked! My jaw literally dropped open. The dog thinks something's wrong with me because I keep cracking up for brief moments followed by stunned silence....

Maybe she's blind?

Now WTF do I do?

Attachments

• BlueHeavenCustSm.jpg
    BlueHeavenCustSm.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 169

Tim Aucoin

I sent it out for the customer to take a look at. This was sent back with the following note,"what you you think of this design? I really don't need the bird. I can't seem to get rid of the box around the cat and the dog doesn't need to be as detailed. As much as I love weiners-they do not represent the "activness" of my resort which is what sets me apart from other boarding facilities."

I'm gobb smacked! My jaw literally dropped open. The dog thinks something's wrong with me because I keep cracking up for brief moments followed by stunned silence....

Maybe she's blind?

Now WTF do I do?

:omg::omg::omg: I think I just went blind!!

Marlene

OMG!!!!! I love it when the customer "helps". I'd do it just as she laid it out and then, you can use the nice design on the new owner's sign when she goes bell:biggrin:y up

Tim Aucoin

I really don't need the bird.

Kind of contradicts the bottom line she added, doesn't it? I like the bird on the dog, even if she doesn't like the particular dog you picked... but it is her sign... :rolleyes:

Sweet Jesus....you didn't look directly at it did you?

:ROFLMAO: Could have been worse... I thought for a minute I was gonna turn to stone! :covereyes:

I think you'll need a bigger sign to fit all her info...

signmeup

It's just that it's so far away from where I thought we were. It's not on the same page....it's not even on the same planet. She's all set to send me the deposit for producing the sign. I'm at a complete loss. She said the sign was "perfect" except for the weiner dog....then sent me that. Stumped, I am. Stumped.

signmeup

Kind of contradicts the bottom line she added, doesn't it? I like the bird on the dog, even if she doesn't like the particular dog you picked... but it is her sign... :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: Could have been worse... I thought for a minute I was gonna turn to stone! :covereyes:

I think you'll need a bigger sign to fit all her info...
Oh yeah....the viewing distance.....wait for it.....300 feet! I sh*t you not! T h r e e H u n d r e d FeeeeeeeeeT!
I dispair.....

rjpjr

Yea know...this thread has provided entertainment all afternoon!

My first frolic into uncontrollable laughter was what happened in my pathetic little mind when I saw your original layouts. My mind went to a really bad place! Bad Kitty!!

Then came your response to your valuable customer's critique!

Sweet Jesus....you didn't look directly at it did you?
:ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah....the viewing distance.....wait for it.....300 feet! I sh*t you not! T h r e e H u n d r e d FeeeeeeeeeT!
I dispair.....
STOP... :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Wise-Cat.jpg
    Wise-Cat.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 134

SignManiac

You need to be honest with her and tell her that her design sucks and you swore a Hippocratic oath to never create such shyte. Educate her.