• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Petition the Whitehouse

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I put in a petition to the Whitehouse to recognize that Industrial Hemp is not marijuana, and that it should be legal for farmers to grow.

I need 150 signatures before it will appear on the Whitehouse website.

http://wh.gov/z7sU

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So......... who one day looked at the rope they were making and thought.... I wonder what this stuff would be like if I smoked this here rope ?? :pops_blinking:

Mosh

We have a rope swing made from 2" thick rope from my Grandpa's barge he owned on the Missouri River. He put that up in our Oak tree when I was 4, I am 40 now and push my kids on it every time I am out there...It is made from hemp!!! That stuff lasts.

Only need two more votes....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a rope swing made from 2" thick rope from my Grandpa's barge he owned on the Missouri River. He put that up in our Oak tree when I was 4, I am 40 now and push my kids on it every time I am out there...It is made from hemp!!! That stuff lasts.

Only need two more votes....

Did you have a friend 'Jim' traveling around with you when you was 4 yees ol' backin' then ??

John Butto

Did you have a friend 'Jim' traveling around with you when you was 4 yees ol' backin' then ??

Gino, you were alseep in English class, or either smoking hemp because Mark Twain was from the state of Missouri and those two were on the Mississippi River.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, you were alseep in English class, or either smoking hemp because Mark Twain was from the state of Missouri and those two were on the Mississippi River.

You're the only person here who would've known or remembered that. I figured it was out there and it was close enough, but no-o-o-o-o...... Ms Finn had to spit out about a technicality. Wrong river, wrong state and whatnot, still I wasn't talking about Mark Twain, but Huck and his friend, Jim.

Pat Whatley

You didn't know the story was set in St. Petersburg (Hanibal), Missouri?

My grandfather used to tell about his job working for the Civilian Conservation Corps after WWII. Half of their job was eradicating the wild patches of hemp that grew all over the state. I still believe the biggest deterrent to legalizing it are the tie-dyed, dirty haired, hippie "spokespeople" who seem to be the most vocal supporters. When some guy baked out of his gourd is on the news whining "It's medicine, man. Where are the Funyuns?" the whole argument loses a lot of credibility.

hatmanok

If they did make it legal the government would have to have a hemp dept., inspectors and then the government would subsidize the farmers and would end up paying them not to grow it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If they did make it legal the government would have to have a hemp dept., inspectors and then the government would subsidize the farmers and would end up paying them not to grow it.

Ya know, like everything else..... if the governemnt legalizes it, it won't be able to sustain it without raising the prices so no one could afford it after taxes and whatnot are administered. So once it becomes totally under their control, the cost will skyrocket, the buzz will be next to nothing and you will be forced to go underground to an all new level. No one is really thinking this through. They get you all caught up in it.... and then pull the rug out from those of you whom partake for medicinal or recreational activities. You're goners if ya ask me.

What gets me is.... they'll tax the heck out of cigarettes and you don't think they'll do the same for this one ?? If they can't get rid of the pushers or sellers by being illegal, they'll get rid of them by underselling them. Do you really think there is any sound reasoning behind any of this ??

ddarlak

Go Bills!
This has nothing to do with legalizing marijuana. A hemp farmer would not want cannabis growing anywhere near his crop as it would wipe out his entire crop. When the two breeds are mixed they poison each other. Cannabis tries to turn the plant into cannabis and hemp tries vis-versa. SO, farmers would be policing their own fields better than any government could. This petition is to raise awareness of the differences in hemp and cannabis.

Pat Whatley

Still the same problem...the "hemp" spokespeople are hippie potheads on television saying "It's rope, man. It's clothing. It's....hey, are those Funyuns?"

Hicalibersigns

The funniest part of the whole thing is petitioning the White House. Why don't you petition a tree stump? The results will be the same.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Still the same problem...the "hemp" spokespeople are hippie potheads on television saying "It's rope, man. It's clothing. It's....hey, are those Funyuns?"​

I guess that same reasoning should apply to the crazy homeless guy on the corner preaching about jesus.....

5 minutes of research can show how silly the ban on industrial hemp is.

I guess the reason we have been banning it for so long is people like you........

The funniest part of the whole thing is petitioning the White House. Why don't you petition a tree stump? The results will be the same.

The ONLY way this will change is when the people ask for it, When you start believing the government isn't controlled by the people is when it actually isn't....

I'm not looking for a debate. There really isn't anything to debate if you do the reasearch and know what your talking about.