Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phaser 960 from xerox

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by Cadmn, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    does anyone know if I can print vinyl thru this printer ?
    :help:

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    NO..
    unless u use ink jet vinyl.. That will work. I tested it already. BUT, and a big BUT,, I have not tested it over a many sheet rest period to see if it will damage anything.l
    -techman

3. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Probably not a good idea. If this unit is toner based, it will fuse the toner at a very high heat (did you know that Phaser stands for phased laser?), probably end up with vinyl wrapped around rollers inside. If it is a waxed based ink unit, I am not so sure as they run at lower temperatures than the toner units. Material would have to have melting point properties like whichever transparancy material is recommended by Xerox.

4. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    ok it is wax based & I know it will do lazer transparenciesbut at 125/Hr on repair I dont wanna have to use repair group :)

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Like i said, I already tested this and it works with the phaser 850 printers,,, which is essentially the same as the other phaser printers..But you need to use vinyl used for INK JET printers, cut the sheets to the correct size,, I just haven't tried doing 50 pages at a time.

techman