• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PhatWall business card design

PhatWall

What is your thoughts on my business card design (front and back)?

Attachments

• BUSINESS CARD FRONT.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • BUSINESS CARD BACK.pdf
    286.2 KB · Views: 203

PhatWall

PhatWall Business Cards

Here are two .png files rather than .pdf's. Please let me know what you think!!!

Attachments

• BUSINESS CARD FRONT.jpg
    BUSINESS CARD FRONT.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 94
  • BUSINESS CARD BACK.png
    BUSINESS CARD BACK.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 83

SurfaceSigns

A bit of constructive criticism, since you asked...

Personally, I'm a big fan of keeping it simple, especially when it comes to business cards. Clients rarely, if ever, look at a business card to see what services you offer. They use the card to get your name and contact info, period.

I also have to admit that I have never seen the phrase "All Orders Require a 50% Deposit" on a business card. In my opinion, it comes off as tacky. It also doesn't help that it is in all capitals, which is the writing equivalent of yelling.

So, I would personally rethink and redo the back of your card.

As for the front, I find the colour scheme doesn't flow, and the background "rainbow and stars" combo looks out of place and busy. The text is just all sorts of wrong.

Bottom line, your card looks alot like what a client would bring in as their "I made this in MS Paint" starting point. It does not scream Graphic Design Professional to me at all, which, as a Graphic Design Print Shop, it should.

I'd look at this as a first draft. I have no doubt that many of the fine members here will be able to provide ample feedback and suggestions to help you move from this version to something far superior. So, give it a few days, take in the responses, absorb them, and give it another run.

I look forward to seeing the next attempt!

"Deposit Please"

Not a good idea to Add " All orders require a 50% deposit" to your business card. That will come later. You have to sell your services first.

Jillbeans

It looks like a big grunge butterfly flew into someone's Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.
:)
Styles do not maych, too much repitition on the verbiage on back.
Love....Jill

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Imagine how everyone will want to bargain with you or get a special deal now that you've identified yourself as "OWNER". Now imagine the understated positives of not having any title associated with your name on the card.

Why are you using a different typeface for "PhatWall" at the bottom than you used in the logo?

Not counting different weights of typefaces, I count five different typefaces on the front of the card. Force yourself to cut it back to no more than two font families.

Reduce the size of all the type in the bottom reverse by 10% and wallow in the improvement you will see. White space is your friend.

On the back, drop in some positive sales point to replace the 50% DEPOSITS statement that will drive away more business than the card gets you. That statement implies that you consider all clients to be deadbeats until proven otherwise. While it may also be a true statement, rubbing their noses in it is not a good marketing choice. Better yet ... consider leaving the back unprinted so it can be used for writing your quotes down or any other useful information.

Techman

GAG!

A B' card is not a resume' It is a point of contact.

That attempt at a B card is so far away from all the proven techniques it will likely go into the round file..

Simply, people cannot read it.

CES020

Maybe I missed it, but in case I didn't miss it, can you explain what "PhatWall" is and how that fits into your company? It might help some people understand what angle you are taking and give you better input. It's an odd name and without knowing the meaning, it can be tough to get input that really helps.

Could you explain it?

OADesign

listen to the advice given already given here...

Also on the brush stroke (under graphic design on the front, and under services on back) you forgot to delete the "line" after you expanded that stoke. I would hate to see you run 1000 of these and then notice that.

Flame

Please do not take this the wrong way sir, but nothing you have posted up has appeared professional or sellable. I might suggest working on your skills a bit or hiring a designer before you go full swing into this business.

You have a start, but not really "getting it" quite yet. I wish you luck with the venture though.

Flubber

This is what i came up with its not perfect but maybe you will get the idea on simple straight to the point design.

Attachments

• BUSINESS CARD FRONT.jpg
    BUSINESS CARD FRONT.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 84