• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phishing attack!

Vinylman

Please read carefully!

I just received an email with a virus attached. It appears to be about a BBB report that says someone has filed a BBB report against you or your company.
There is a link attached that you are prompted to follow to get further details.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

It will direct you to a phishing site that wants to infect your computer.

Instead, look toward the bottom of the email and call the phone number for the BBB.
There is a LEGITIMATE recording there, that will explain what is going on.

After listening to the message recorded there, I would suggest reporting this to the agency that is given on the recording, THEN DELETE the email.

You can make a copy of the address of the original email by right clicking on it then send it to the following address.

phishing@council.bbb.org

Vinylman

true Tyrant. But many of us do not belong to the better business bureau and could be trapped with this

Techman

I do not use the BB for any reason. Thus when some BBB email comes in,, it is deleted.

The only time I used the BBB years ago they kept a file on a deadbeat client complaint.

I came to ask why I was paying someone to keep a file on my business over complaints from dead beats.

omgsideburns

That's because people that still use the BBB probably still use dialup and their cellphones are in bags. They would be the ones to fall for a phishing attempt.

Circleville Signs

The BBB is a scam anymore itself...

I got a call from them this morning informing me that if I paid to be a member, I would automatically get raised to an "A" rating. I asked why i was a "B" rating now, and I was told that it was because they did not have a business start date in their files. I proceeded to confirm that if I just update that info I will have an "A" rating. I was reluctantly told "yes".

$405/year is what they wanted. From what I can tell what I would have received for that $405 is a plaque, and some stickers...Oh - and I can put their logo on our website...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mosh

That's because people that still use the BBB probably still use dialup and their cellphones are in bags. They would be the ones to fall for a phishing attempt.

++++++++:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Pretty much. They have their place with customer disputes ... but beyond that ... meh. It is like NFIB ... they say they work towards small business interests, but I am on the receiving end of any number of phone calls each month asking for 'donations' to whatever fund for whatever law ... ask them for paperwork on it ... they can't do it. shenanigans.

SignManiac

Yep I just tossed out the NFIB the other day for the second time in two years. Didn't understand the word NO... I told him I did not need his help. Thirty eight years of success without their help. He made me cuss at him :)

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
speaking of the BBB ... just had 2 phone calls in a row ... because we "might not be getting the full benefit of the BBB" ... all advertising rates ... wanted $2500 to run a commercial "on your behalf" at 3am one day. shenanigans.