• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phone provider

OlsonSigns601

I dropped AT&T about 3 months ago. I needed a way to transfer calls between guys at the shop, put callers on hold and allow for the line to still ring when someone is on the phone.

I switched to Vocalocity: I pay about $150 a month for 5 phones (one corless), two phone numbers, one fax number, and an Intercom. Basically I call an extension and everyphone in the shop works as a PA.

Setup was pretty easy, they ported my 2 phone lines from AT&T and the equipment uses an RJ45 connection. The Phones have an in and out for the RJ45 so as long as you install the phones next to a computer that is hard wired with RJ45, you don't have to run a new line.

They have a nice control panel, allowing you to have custom hold music that could either play music or an AD about how important it is to use fresh vinyl over and over. I have after hours receptionist that allows customers to dial by number to get to someone.

Anyway, I like Vocalocity better than AT&T and the added phone features have been a bonus for our shop.

ironchef

I have att business. Phone and net. Dsl sucks ****. Im looking to switch to comcast business or a local company that offers t1. Any comments?

rjssigns

AT&T kept creeping our rates too. Until I threatened to port the land line to a cell. Went right back to the old rate and got U-Verse with a huge bump in internet speed. Guy I talked to laughed and said get ready to do the dance in twelve months.
There are so many options now you can play that card as consumers are the "price makers" now.

TXFB.INS

thanks for the info

@OlsonSigns601 how is the service/range on the cordless phone? we all walk around with phones in out pocket so we don't have to stay at a desk while on the phone

SD&F

I am up in the boonies....we have nothing but the regular common carriers. I use Verizon, but I still pay for home phone with computer at over a $100.00 monthly.
I wish I could cut back. I pay over 5000 a year for just home and family. HELP ME!!!!

amw

Longtime Members
We have used vonage for at least 9 years...prob longer.
Great prices and the extras are nice.

4 and sometimes 7 phone lines with no trouble.

Marsha

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup.... make that yearly call. When the computer menu prompts say "customer retention". You then get someone you can beat on for a bit. Do not take the first lower offer they come back at you with.... ;) 3rd is usually the charm.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use Ring Central and we love it! For about $120/month we have:

-4 Lines
-Toll Free Line (Unlimited inbound)
-Toll Free Fax Line
-Ability to hold (with music), have departments and transfer
-Voicemail/Fax is sent to our email addresses
-Call forwarding to our cell phones during normal business hours in case we step out of the office.

It's a pretty complete package for a fraction of what the phone company would charge us. It all runs through our internet. The phones cost about $125 each, but that's a one time fee.

We run all 4 lines and our computers on a 5mb line which is about $60 a month with Cox. Call quality is pretty good. As good as anything else really.

Locals Find!

Find a local telephony expert. We have one in my office building and the stuff he can do with voip and a computer setup as your server to run it is amazing. Its also very inexpensive in the long term.

Setups are a bit pricey, plan on a few grand upfront but, once you average that out of the life expectancy of the equipment your phone pays for itself inside of a year or two. Unlike other pieces of equipment you don't need to have to constantly upgrade/pay more just to maintain your status quo.

I would ask an expert for advice and not trust companies just trying to push their product on you. Like vonage and others.

47CP

Recent convert to Nextiva Voip service and Charter Business Cable from a T-1/Voice package.

There are/were some configuration issues just because I feed the lines into my existing phone system and there is not a lot of knowledge on the internet, but that is nothing to do with the service.

The service rocks. The calls are clearer than they ever were over the T-1 and we went from $500 plus a month for 4 voice lines and fax with 1.5mb (or slower) internet to around $240 for 5 lines plus fax and the internet is much faster (30mb down/4mb up)

DaveW

TheSnowman

We had four vonage lines for years. Recently swapped one to Magic Jack that didn't get used hardly at all, swapped the other two to comcast business, and kept the main line Vonage. They all work just as well as the other with call quality, but they're all hooked up differently too.

I do like my Vonage and Magic jack because it's all online and they don't mess with the price, it just is what it is. Comcast is still jerks when it comes to any kind of changes made on TV/Cable/Internet. They always make you renew all accounts with them, and you start all over dancing around with them.

TXFB.INS

We use Ring Central and we love it! For about $120/month we have:

-4 Lines
-Toll Free Line (Unlimited inbound)
-Toll Free Fax Line
-Ability to hold (with music), have departments and transfer
-Voicemail/Fax is sent to our email addresses
-Call forwarding to our cell phones during normal business hours in case we step out of the office.

It's a pretty complete package for a fraction of what the phone company would charge us. It all runs through our internet. The phones cost about $125 each, but that's a one time fee.

We run all 4 lines and our computers on a 5mb line which is about $60 a month with Cox. Call quality is pretty good. As good as anything else really.

that is a better price than what we currently pay for fraction of the services thanks!

durafosinks

Verizon

I am up in the boonies....we have nothing but the regular common carriers. I use Verizon, but I still pay for home phone with computer at over a $100.00 monthly.
I wish I could cut back. I pay over 5000 a year for just home and family. HELP ME!!!!

What about the Verizon FIOS service for you? My best friend in Ft Wayne, IN uses FIOS and SWEARS BY it. He offices at home for his I-T consulting business, so he needs all the INTERNET he can get his hands on.

TXFB.INS

Yes but the 60 is for the Internet, which we would pay for anyway. 4 line ring central is $120 and uses an Internet connection.

Thanks for the input, we are currently switching over to VOIP

does anyone know where wireless headsets can be purchased for a RJ9 ports as that is what is on these phones?

plantronics is what was suggested but there is no way to justify that price
http://www.plantronics.com/us/category/office;jsessionid=59E68ED8C6A7182EDBEEE983C82FF1BB.echo

mnapuran

I've use VOIP here for 7 years.... my monthly bill for 2 DID's (numbers) supporting 10 lines (calls) runs us $10-15/mth. Yes a month :)

Get a SIP account and run your own VOIP server (even free such as FreePBX or Asterisk).

TXFB.INS

I've use VOIP here for 7 years.... my monthly bill for 2 DID's (numbers) supporting 10 lines (calls) runs us $10-15/mth. Yes a month :)

Get a SIP account and run your own VOIP server (even free such as FreePBX or Asterisk).

care to explain to a NOOB :banghead:

how much hassle is there to set up/run your own account?

can you port a number into your account

what about services? voicemail, call waiting, digital fax, automated answering system, etc...