• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo-tex

psbc2009

Have a client who uses a good bit of this stuff. Received an email yesterday that they will be changing the material used - i need to print on the new stuff from this point forward. There complaint is that it pulls paint off the walls?? I personally have not seen this (and love photo-tex) - has anyone else had issues?? Not sure what the new material is - i am meeting with them today.

Letterbox Mike

I've had Phototex pull paint off the wall if it was a crappy paint job or wasn't fully cured, but as long as the wall/paint is in good shape it shouldn't, we've removed a lot of Phototex and the only time it damaged the wall was when the wall was in poor condition to start with.

TheSnowman

Put out lots of phototex over the past few years, never had any complaints. I do know that they just came out with one that was more aggressive adhesive. I probably won't try it since I haven't had issues with the original.

JBusch260

We've used both PhotoTex and GraphiTex. Never had a problem with either. Although I was able to get more vivid prints on GraphiTex.

Letterbox Mike

Put out lots of phototex over the past few years, never had any complaints. I do know that they just came out with one that was more aggressive adhesive. I probably won't try it since I haven't had issues with the original.

FYI I've got a roll of the higher-tack stuff here, we're getting ready to redo a wall in our shop, I figured I'd try this out to see how it goes. I haven't installed it yet, but just from playing with it it doesn't feel significantly tackier than the original. I did throw up a 2'x3' piece of it just to get a feel for it and it applied and removed just like the old stuff, so I don't think the change was huge. Comparing this with the old stuff, I'd say it's going to bite onto walls with rough/crappy paint jobs a little better, which is a plus, but otherwise it's not like it's some super-high-tack adhesive.

Tim Aucoin

Are there any suppliers in Canada that sell Phototex? Need to get my hands on some of this stuff.

Unisource carries Phototex.
ND Graphics & Proveer carry their own (equivalent) products too. I've tried the Proveer product and it is just as good in my opinion. Give them all a call and ask for sample rolls. :smile:

GB2

Old Member
For anyone using PhotoTex, do you ever cut it in a plotter? I've never used it myself but I do have a sample roll I'm about to try. It seems a bit heavy and fabric like to plot.

Tim Aucoin

For anyone using PhotoTex, do you ever cut it in a plotter? I've never used it myself but I do have a sample roll I'm about to try. It seems a bit heavy and fabric like to plot.

Use a 60 degree blade and you should be fine. :smile:

psbc2009

Figure I will tell them it is a crappy paint job :Big Laugh when i meet with them today - it sucks i am going to have to use something else to please them.
Not sure what will be less agressivie than photo-tex and work as well....
Once i find out I will post later.

Bigdawg

Just Me

We had no problem cutting it - our problem was getting transfer paper to stick to it! We had to cut words out of it, and while the cutting was okay the material would not stick to any of the different transfer papers we tried on it. Finally got the clear to stick enough we could *massage* it off the liner... but what a PITA

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I center hinge words cut from phototex and apply with no transfer tape.

I have yet to damage or scratch the surface.

psbc2009

met with customer and they want white static cling material - they are placing promotions on the walls in the same spot over and over again causing problems with the paint.
what static cling material would be good for this - noticed Fellers sells the solvex - anyone use this stuff??