• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo-tex

psbc2009

Bigfish does your cling material stick to drywall? that is the primary use
I checked out clingz but saw nothing for solvent

psbc2009

They gave me a sample of the stuff - white, not clear with no adhesive on back. It does stick to the wall just like static cling would stick to glass.
There is no markings on the stuff so I have no idea what it is???
Magic i guess

Mike F

They gave me a sample of the stuff - white, not clear with no adhesive on back. It does stick to the wall just like static cling would stick to glass.
There is no markings on the stuff so I have no idea what it is???
Magic i guess

It might stick to the wall unprinted, but with the extra weight of the ink it won't. Just went through this same scenario with a customer last week, printed on white static cling first, ended up having to reprint on PhotoTex because the cling peeled itself right off the wall. When they could get it to stick for a few seconds the top edge would curl down almost immediately and then gravity would take it from there.

psbc2009

they have a sample 18x24 from HBO - movie poster - super thin, light greyish white backing with kind of a plastic feel - super smoothe. guessing it is offset or maybe UV printed?? It is full coverage printed and does stick to the wall. Now it is very easy to pull off but it does stick where ever you put it. Told them good luck I have no idea.

Bly

I saw a sample of Yupo Octopus and it could be that.
That stuff sticks to smooth surfaces without adhesive.
Not sure about painted walls though.

Just to verify paint peeling off the wall when sticking with Photo Tex - the key is the wall needs to be primed and painted, if there was no primer used then any adhesive can take the paint off. 99.5% of all surfaces are primed. Also like you mentioned just old paint jobs with several coating can be an issue. The good news with Photo Tex is the adhesive does not strengthen over time like all the others :)

Also the new EX stronger adhesive is now 50% stronger than when we brought in the first batch, as I agree the first batch needed more of a kick, so we are happy to send a new sample for testing this strength.

wanting better color - please e-mail me and let me see who we can hook you up with to tweak the color. walterjr@phototexgroup.com

Letterbox Mike

Also the new EX stronger adhesive is now 50% stronger than when we brought in the first batch, as I agree the first batch needed more of a kick, so we are happy to send a new sample for testing this strength. walterjr@phototexgroup.com

Do you know what batches the first stuff came from that wasn't as strong as it was supposed to be?

I installed our mural over the weekend here using the new EX product and while it stuck to itself like super glue, it didn't grab the wall as well as I had hoped. Granted, I applied it right over existing Korographics wallpaper with a sandpaper finish, so it could just be that that surface isn't great to adhere something to, but I wanted to see if it was maybe not as tacky as it should have been too. It's up, and sticking, but there are a few bubbles forming where it's starting to let go. I'm going to try some heat in those spots to see if I can "activate" the adhesive a bit more, but again, it could just be a bad surface to stick it to...