Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop/Flexi Question

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by myronb, Aug 31, 2007.

1. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
    I may be overthinking this. My logo (which is my avatar) was done in flexi. I would like to take it into photoshop and do a little work--the bevels and stuff. What would be the best way to do that so I have everything in layers?

Thanks,
    Myron

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    take each element from the flexi file one at time and place it on it's own layer in photoshop !

You could try exproting an un-flattened image from PS as an EPS and see if it imports to PS as layers.

Good Luck !

3. high impact

high impact Very Active Member

I'm dangerous with photoshop but you can get eye candy and do it in flexi (I do it this way often, but my employee uses photshop) OR rasterize just the text or object you want to add bevel to and import to ps, do the "fancy" stuff and save with transperant background and import back into flexi.

With that said, I think your logo looks pretty good without all the extra clutter.

4. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Draw a rectangular boarder around you flexi design. Import each element
    into photoshop as .ai. Import the rectangle with each element, that way
    everything will be already placed as the boarder will act as your registration.

5. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005

Thanks! I'm not trying to add clutter, though. The logo already has some bevels and fades that were crudely done in flexi. I just want to make them look a little more realistic with photoshop.

Plus, I need practice--I'm new to the world of Pixels!!

Stevec -- that makes sense! I was thinking I could export import, but I didn't know how to register everything!

Thanks,
    Myron

6. BlueRidgeFabrication

BlueRidgeFabrication Active Member

May 11, 2007
    I would love to see the before and after once you are finished. You have a really nice logo!