• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop/Flexi Question

myronb

I may be overthinking this. My logo (which is my avatar) was done in flexi. I would like to take it into photoshop and do a little work--the bevels and stuff. What would be the best way to do that so I have everything in layers?

Thanks,
Myron

Replicator

take each element from the flexi file one at time and place it on it's own layer in photoshop !

You could try exproting an un-flattened image from PS as an EPS and see if it imports to PS as layers.

Good Luck !

high impact

I'm dangerous with photoshop but you can get eye candy and do it in flexi (I do it this way often, but my employee uses photshop) OR rasterize just the text or object you want to add bevel to and import to ps, do the "fancy" stuff and save with transperant background and import back into flexi.

With that said, I think your logo looks pretty good without all the extra clutter.

Steve C.

Draw a rectangular boarder around you flexi design. Import each element
into photoshop as .ai. Import the rectangle with each element, that way
everything will be already placed as the boarder will act as your registration.

myronb

With that said, I think your logo looks pretty good without all the extra clutter.

Thanks! I'm not trying to add clutter, though. The logo already has some bevels and fades that were crudely done in flexi. I just want to make them look a little more realistic with photoshop.

Plus, I need practice--I'm new to the world of Pixels!!

Stevec -- that makes sense! I was thinking I could export import, but I didn't know how to register everything!

Thanks,
Myron