• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop question

ATTTR

Forgive me if there is a place for these kinds of questions. I looked around, but didn't see anything dedicated to Adobe product issues.
If there is, please please point me in that direction, for I will probably move in there. haha

So... I noticed something a couple days and it's been driving me insane. I can't figure out how to fix it, so I am hoping somewhere here can show me where I am going wrong.

When I am using the paintbrush tool, it usually sets the foreground color to whatever the color-picker option of paintbrush picks. (On PC - using paintbrush, hit alt to bring up the color-picker eyedropper tool within paintbrush mode).

Well, whatever happened with a huge update last week, now when I do this, it sets the background color, NOT the foreground color.

How do I make it default back to foreground? It's taking up way too much of time now to have to go and manually switch to what it's supposed to do in the first place.

Thanks for any help!

J Hill Designs

clicking the 'color swatch' (the two squares that overlap each other on the toolbar on the left, at the bottom) toggles foreground/background color

ATTTR

I've played with that. When I use the color picker and move the color to the foreground, the next time I use the color picker, it still goes to the background.
It is defaulting to the background no matter what I do. I've been using Ps for 15 years, never had this happen before.

Techman

goto the menu bar at top
select window scroll down to swatches
there will be two tabs..
Select the color tab and then click on the forground on the forground back ground icon
that should set it to what you want.

ATTTR

Sorry, not following.
I go to the menu at the top, go to window, swatches near the bottom. There are no tabs.
What am I missing?

attachment.php

Attachments

• swatches.jpg
    swatches.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 83

ATTTR

It's fixed.
I ended up just resetting back to original defaults.
Now I just have to spend a little time resetting up my workspace...