• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop to Corel With Layers

S

spmracing

Does anyone know how to do this? My friend has Photoshop CS3 and he also has Corel, does anyone know how to keep it layerd when he imports it from a .psd into corel ?

ssanchez

NOt to highjack the thread but....

Does anyone know how I can import eps files made on Photoshop CS3 (I guess) and be able to open them in either Corel X3 or Photo-Paint X3. Right now Corel won;t even recognize the file.
Thanks for any help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
An EPS saved from Photoshop is a different animal than one saved from Illustrator or other vector applications. The main purpose is to take advantage of the postscript color management. CorelDRAW will probably not handle it very well because it is looking for a plain English encapsulated Postscript vector file.

On the other hand, Corel Photopaint should open it without any difficulty just as it would open a JPG or a TIF image file.

ssanchez

An EPS saved from Photoshop is a different animal than one saved from Illustrator or other vector applications. The main purpose is to take advantage of the postscript color management. CorelDRAW will probably not handle it very well because it is looking for a plain English encapsulated Postscript vector file.

On the other hand, Corel Photopaint should open it without any difficulty just as it would open a JPG or a TIF image file.
Thank you for the Info. i will keep trying.