• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Picked up the note 2 yesterday

Kevin-shopVOX

Wow! Its the perfect phone.

I moved up from an Epic so the size takes some getting used to as an everyday device but the speed, power, battery life and screen real estate make it a great tool especially in our industry.

mopar691

Ya, I am considering getting this, currently using a S3 that was ran over. No more camera so I need to upgrade. It looks pretty sweet to me.

ucmj22

I just cant get over the size. too big for me. Remember the movie zoolander when they were making fun of how small cell phones were getting, now they are doing the opposite. Sometimes when I see a picture of someone holding a Note, I cant tell if maybe its just a giant person holding an iPad.

Attachments

• zoolander.jpg
    zoolander.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 104

jayhawksigns

I just cant get over the size. too big for me. Remember the movie zoolander when they were making fun of how small cell phones were getting, now they are doing the opposite. Sometimes when I see a picture of someone holding a Note, I cant tell if maybe its just a giant person holding an iPad.

Same here. Our shop rolled out Nexus 7s to everyone, so much prefer having two devices, my Razr Maxx and the Nexus.

Though I would love to have a S-Pen.

SignManiac

My employee just showed me his new one yesterday. I had to laugh, it looks like he's holding and iPad up to his head. I have really big hands and it felt like I had a phone book in my hands.

ucmj22

Im not trying to give you a hard time Kevin. If you like it, thats awesome. It is probably able to have better performance stats working in a larger shell like that, and its probably really slick. I just cant imagine carrying around a butter dish in my pocket.

Kevin-shopVOX

Ha. I do. How can we build a house for children if they can't even fit in it?

For me thought the size of the phone offers a lot of functionality.

Chuck Osborne

note 2

I got a Note 2 about a month ago. I love this thing. It is big but I
don't even notice it now. I got a otterbox and wear it on my belt.
It really fits well. also people think your packing.

Kevin-shopVOX

I just cant imagine carrying around a butter dish in my pocket.

bwahha..that's funny. I just looked down at it and was like...ya pretty close to it.

i like the small tablet feel that just happens to have a phone feature. Site surveys, notes, POS, camera, in your back pocket.

Plus Vice City port isn't too shabby.

GypsyGraphics

I just cant get over the size. too big for me. Remember the movie zoolander when they were making fun of how small cell phones were getting, now they are doing the opposite.
LOL.... that's exactly what i was thinking!!!
i quote that zoolander a lot, especially this...
zoolander-files.jpg

anotherdog

I have a relative in the industry, he was telling me they will get smaller again but you will be able to use a second larger screen for doing things. It's really the death of computers in the home. Your cell will be able to display on your tv and do pretty much everything your home computer did.

I just went to buy a desktop computer for a design station. I was blown away by the lack of choice. Even the laptops are dwindling and being replaced by the tablets.

What next?

SignManiac

I just surveyed everyone here and those that have the big phones which don't fit comfortably in your pocket, have all dropped them and had to have the glass replaced when it broke.

HulkSmash

the iphone is trash compared to the note or the galaxy 3. There is literally no competition.

And i love macs..this is just basic facts

OldPaint

iam the dinosaur...........$30 a month, no text, no Internet.... ITS A PHONE))))

Attachments

• Sanyo_SCP_7200_RL2000_1.jpg
    Sanyo_SCP_7200_RL2000_1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 70

ThinkRight

I moved up from an Epic so the size takes some getting used to as an everyday device but the speed, power, battery life and screen real estate make it a great tool especially in our industry.

Congrats :toasting:
I got mine for Christmas and it is the best phone I have ever owned.
The battery last a couple of days with me streaming I heart radio all day and music the rest of the time.
I think it is faster than my desktop computer also.
And the multi windows is very handy when looking for stuff.
The size is great in my opinion, I have yet to fat finger a call yet.
You need one of these also, the best headphones yet.
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic..._1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1358596771&sr=1-5

10 hours of listening/15 hours of talk time provide all day connectivity

Have fun with your new Toy I mean Tool .
:clapping:

OADesign

Ok so... Months or so later. How to do like It Kevin?

I'm having device envy right now. Considering selling my s3 just to get the note 2. But the size is scaring me. Plus the s4 is minutes away...

mopar691

Ok so... Months or so later. How to do like It Kevin?

I'm having device envy right now. Considering selling my s3 just to get the note 2. But the size is scaring me. Plus the s4 is minutes away...

Yes, I am thinking I did good holding out for a bit, Surely getting the S4 when it drops

HulkSmash

sold my s2 and got the note2. Good god this thing is amazing. I hold any other phone and it feels insignificant...

after a day or two you get use to it, and don't even notice the size.. it feels 100% normal.