• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Picked up X3, whats the best way to learn the software?

rm25x

I admit, I am a noobie when it comes to graphic design, but I want to know whats a good way to learn what this software can do? I see there's books, dvd's and other "learn corel x3" programs on ebay. Just not sure what route to go to get the most out of this software.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

rm25x

Yeah I have been using it, and figuring some out on my own. I have also been watching the vids at http://www.coreldrawtips.com and have learned a few things. I will also check out the link you posted, thank you.

Knowledge is power, and as Tim the Tool Man would say, I want more power!

OldPaint

do you know anyone who is.............good with corel? couple hours with them, would make it so easy.

Rodi

I had a great pair of Eddy Merckx addida bicycle shoes, lead soles, stiff, before cleats were used. He was a great rider.

rm25x

sounds like I am on the right path, lots of time with it, and watching some vids to help out.

I wish I knew someone in the area who was good with it.

Artildawn

the initial start up screen should show tutorials also to get you up and running. Corel's website also has a lot of tutorials.

jiarby

loads of tutorials online everywhere.
If you see something, try to draw it. Cereal boxes are fun!

knifemaker3

The advanced artist link given above is the place to go. He offers a training package that not only explains draw but paint as well. Best money I've ever spent. Learned more in the short time I've watched his dvd than I ever would have trying to learn on my own. Plus if you join his site you have access to a bunch of other free stuff as well. The only downside is it's geared more for screenprinting than signs. But you will learn corel and all that it can do with his stuff.

Good luck!