Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

piezochromic ink, interesting

Discussion in 'Materials' started by arzu, Jan 4, 2014.

1. arzu

arzu Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Hi,
    Has anybody experience wth piezochromic ink? It is totally new for me.
    I search for applications http://olikrom.com/en/

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    don't know anything about how that term is used. However, the inkjet printer heads are piezoceramic valves that open and close to spray ink.
    Or they operate via instantly heating the ink so it expands and fires out the nozzle.
    Or a combination of the two.

3. arzu

arzu Member

Dec 29, 2013
    hey techman, it is not about a ink-dispencing technique, but about the ink itself.
    The colour changes if you apply pressure to the product on which the ink is printed.
    I know about thermochromic and photochromic ink for we print it ourselves (see also http://www.screen70.nl/zonlicht-gevoelige-stickers/, but it is in dutch)
    The pressure sensitive ink however I never heard from before. The manufacturer I showed a link from is french. I just wondered if any of you have experiece with there interesting ink.

4. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Is this similar to the coating on prescription day/night glasses? Either way it is very interesting.

5. arzu

arzu Member

Dec 29, 2013
    What you see on our site is indeed the same principle, but that is photochromic ink (gets colour if the sun shines on it, and the colour dissapears when the sun is away)
    The topic I am curious about is Piezochromic ink (pressure sensitive). in the meantime i sent an email and asked the supplier where it is used for. i see that it can be bought reversable or irreversable. (the last can be used for security e.g. security sensors)