• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

piezochromic ink, interesting

Techman

don't know anything about how that term is used. However, the inkjet printer heads are piezoceramic valves that open and close to spray ink.
Or they operate via instantly heating the ink so it expands and fires out the nozzle.
Or a combination of the two.

arzu

hey techman, it is not about a ink-dispencing technique, but about the ink itself.
The colour changes if you apply pressure to the product on which the ink is printed.
I know about thermochromic and photochromic ink for we print it ourselves (see also http://www.screen70.nl/zonlicht-gevoelige-stickers/, but it is in dutch)
The pressure sensitive ink however I never heard from before. The manufacturer I showed a link from is french. I just wondered if any of you have experiece with there interesting ink.

mpn

Is this similar to the coating on prescription day/night glasses? Either way it is very interesting.

arzu

Is this similar to the coating on prescription day/night glasses? Either way it is very interesting.

What you see on our site is indeed the same principle, but that is photochromic ink (gets colour if the sun shines on it, and the colour dissapears when the sun is away)
The topic I am curious about is Piezochromic ink (pressure sensitive). in the meantime i sent an email and asked the supplier where it is used for. i see that it can be bought reversable or irreversable. (the last can be used for security e.g. security sensors)