Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink chrome vinyl creasing from heat.

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by megagraphics, Nov 15, 2012.

1. megagraphics

megagraphics New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Hi guys, ive got a signage company in Botswana Southern Africa and ive been doing vehicle branding for the past 5years. One of my clients has asked me to wrap his car using a no name brand Rose Red Chrome vinyl. I have wrapped 80% of the car with out problems but noticed that when the car is parked in the sun, the vinyl on the bonnet starts creasing up :omg:
    Any ideas what i can do to prevent this from happening??
    Regards

Tags:
  2. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    did he supply the vinyl? if so you only supplied the labor. Your warranty ended the moment the car was wrapped.

3. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    +1
    Not your problem mate.
    They supplied the material how can you guarantee it?
    Probably this stuff http://carbins.en.alibaba.com/produ...ap_air_bubble_free_quality_1_52_30m_size.html

I personally wouldn't of undertaken a chrome wrap (because it is so hard to work with and not as conformable as normal wrap) and especially as it was an unbranded vinyl.

To prevent this from happening use a branded media (that you can supply and guarantee) and possibly sway the customer away from chrome.

SC