• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pink chrome vinyl creasing from heat.

megagraphics

Hi guys, ive got a signage company in Botswana Southern Africa and ive been doing vehicle branding for the past 5years. One of my clients has asked me to wrap his car using a no name brand Rose Red Chrome vinyl. I have wrapped 80% of the car with out problems but noticed that when the car is parked in the sun, the vinyl on the bonnet starts creasing up :omg:
Any ideas what i can do to prevent this from happening??
Regards

anotherdog

did he supply the vinyl? if so you only supplied the labor. Your warranty ended the moment the car was wrapped.

heyskull

+1
Not your problem mate.
They supplied the material how can you guarantee it?
Probably this stuff http://carbins.en.alibaba.com/produ...ap_air_bubble_free_quality_1_52_30m_size.html

I personally wouldn't of undertaken a chrome wrap (because it is so hard to work with and not as conformable as normal wrap) and especially as it was an unbranded vinyl.

To prevent this from happening use a branded media (that you can supply and guarantee) and possibly sway the customer away from chrome.

SC