• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic Business Cards?

showcase 66

I have a client that want to get some plastic business cards. I got some about a year back but I cant find where I got them from. Anyone have a good place to get them.

Thanks
BJ

showcase 66

I've gotten some transparent ones from Grprint before, the material was called "Polyfrost".
Not seeing it there. Have never ordered from there either. Do they have a system like 4over? Have to purchase so much to see all their available items.

Anyone else have any ideas.

Thanks,
BJ

petepaz

we have silk screened business cards on .010 and .020 polycarbonate either textured or gloss in the past ( i recomend the tectured because the gloss scratches real easy)
but we can only do spot colors no 4 color process

iSign

Not seeing it there. Have never ordered from there either. Do they have a system like 4over? Have to purchase so much to see all their available items.

Thanks,
BJ

I've bought polyfrost from growing a few times too
Call if you can't find it

joeshaul

Thanks,
BJ

Their website isn't near as neat and interactive as 4over's, however I didn't have any problems placing my orders with them. I came across them via other recommendations on this forum a few years back.

Once logged in, you see a lot more options for their printing stuff, I think they offer discount tiers, but don't limit the product based on your order history. I usually go to them for upper scale stuff, such as gold/chrome foiling. I only order things from them a few times a year, as most people are wanting el cheapy around these parts.

Here's a photo of the sample they sent me when I set up an account, along with one that I had printed for our local electrician, held in my hand so you get an idea of the transparency. The material looks similar to a nonglare acrylic with a very light tint almost, and is around the same thickness as a regular business card. Customer liked em and that's all I cared about!

Attachments

• P3150360.jpg
    P3150360.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 70

Wes Phifer

4over has some plastic ones but not transparent. They are just plastic. I ordered some for a client that wanted some to hold up longer for a membership card.

Malkin

Gotta love this forum... I was about to post a question asking where to order nice quality business cards from. Looks the grprint is just the ticket, decent pricing too.
:thankyou:

sfr table hockey

I have reverse printed on .020 and then backed with white. You could also back with frost film to get the frosted look however with reverse print you can never scratch off.

BobCap

Plastic business cards

We print plastic business cards with a Fargo Printer. These are dye sublimation printed. 30 mil cards, the same as most credit or id cards.

Not the cheepest cards to print...but when I give one to somebody they take notice!

WildWestDesigns

I usually just sublimate FRP and they look good. I don't do that all the time as it can get expensive, but like BobCap said, they do take notice.