Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic Business Cards?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by showcase 66, Mar 15, 2011.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I have a client that want to get some plastic business cards. I got some about a year back but I cant find where I got them from. Anyone have a good place to get them.

Thanks
    BJ

Tags:
  2. joeshaul

joeshaul Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I've gotten some transparent ones from Grprint before, the material was called "Polyfrost".

3. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Not seeing it there. Have never ordered from there either. Do they have a system like 4over? Have to purchase so much to see all their available items.

Anyone else have any ideas.

Thanks,
    BJ

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we have silk screened business cards on .010 and .020 polycarbonate either textured or gloss in the past ( i recomend the tectured because the gloss scratches real easy)
    but we can only do spot colors no 4 color process

5. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

I use SilkCards.com

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I've bought polyfrost from growing a few times too
    Call if you can't find it

7. joeshaul

joeshaul Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Their website isn't near as neat and interactive as 4over's, however I didn't have any problems placing my orders with them. I came across them via other recommendations on this forum a few years back.

Once logged in, you see a lot more options for their printing stuff, I think they offer discount tiers, but don't limit the product based on your order history. I usually go to them for upper scale stuff, such as gold/chrome foiling. I only order things from them a few times a year, as most people are wanting el cheapy around these parts.

Here's a photo of the sample they sent me when I set up an account, along with one that I had printed for our local electrician, held in my hand so you get an idea of the transparency. The material looks similar to a nonglare acrylic with a very light tint almost, and is around the same thickness as a regular business card. Customer liked em and that's all I cared about!

Attached Files:

8. Wes Phifer

Wes Phifer Member

Oct 31, 2009
    4over has some plastic ones but not transparent. They are just plastic. I ordered some for a client that wanted some to hold up longer for a membership card.

9. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Gotta love this forum... I was about to post a question asking where to order nice quality business cards from. Looks the grprint is just the ticket, decent pricing too.
    :thankyou:

10. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    I have reverse printed on .020 and then backed with white. You could also back with frost film to get the frosted look however with reverse print you can never scratch off.

11. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    we use distributorcenter for promo items we dont carry ourselves.

12. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
  13. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    + 1 for GR Print. They have great customer service.

14. BobCap

BobCap Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Gilobert, MN
    Plastic business cards

We print plastic business cards with a Fargo Printer. These are dye sublimation printed. 30 mil cards, the same as most credit or id cards.

Not the cheepest cards to print...but when I give one to somebody they take notice!

15. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I usually just sublimate FRP and they look good. I don't do that all the time as it can get expensive, but like BobCap said, they do take notice.