• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Playing around with something new.

We need to print some new work shirts, so I got to playing around with something we could try printing in simulated process, since that would be a first for us with our new press. This is the first design I have come up with for the back of the shirts possibly, unless you make me hate it.

Attachments

• T-shirt design copy small.jpg
    T-shirt design copy small.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 76

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That should really show up nicely on dark shirts.

Reminds me of the artwork type for gaming machines and chance.

SignManiac

Lots of color and punch! I don't care for the choice of font for screen printing. Otherwise, it really stands out.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Looks like a convulsion. Could you throw any more crap and effects at it? The only thing it lacks is a bit of diamond plate.

phototec

Everything above "AND" looks ok, although a bit busy and hard to read.

Do the squint test on the font used on "screen printing", and you will see how bad it is.

Don't like the ribbon graphic at the bottom, looks amateurish, try making it look more real and dimensional.

I have a question: Do you really use a burnishing tool (on the left), or did you just use some clip art that had all four tools?

I haven't used a burnishing tool for rub-on transfer letterers in about 20 years...

Good start!

:smile:

Everything above "AND" looks ok, although a bit busy and hard to read.

Do the squint test on the font used on "screen printing", and you will see how bad it is.

Don't like the ribbon graphic at the bottom, looks amateurish, try making it look more real and dimensional.

I have a question: Do you really use a burnishing tool (on the left), or did you just use some clip art that had all four tools?

I haven't used a burnishing tool for rub-on transfer letterers in about 20 years...

Good start!

:smile:

Are you referring to the pencil or to the ball pick? Neither one is a burnishing tool. I used photos of our own tools, vectorized, cleaned up, and contoured.

The ribbon was absolutely an afterthought and I spent very little time on it. I guess it shows, huh? It needs a few minor tweaks but I'm happy with it. I will do some more work on the font for Screenprinting. Iagree there isn't a lot of negative space to aid in readability. I will probably use something similar without the inline.

SignManiac

Also try and fix the lettering at the bottom Metamucil, IL. Make all the letters vertical and not sloping with the arc of the ribbon.

SignManiac

Sometimes that really helps to clear things up. Makes a better designer out of you :) Nothing worse than a constipated design.

phototec

Are you referring to the pencil or to the ball pick? Neither one is a burnishing tool. I used photos of our own tools, vectorized, cleaned up, and contoured.

The ribbon was absolutely an afterthought and I spent very little time on it. I guess it shows, huh? It needs a few minor tweaks but I'm happy with it. I will do some more work on the font for Screenprinting. Iagree there isn't a lot of negative space to aid in readability. I will probably use something similar without the inline.

Ok, BALL PICK, it looked like burnishing tool to me...

Hey, if your happy with the way it looks as is, fine, however don't put it up for critique, if you don't want to hear honest opinions!

YOUR WORDS: "back of the shirts possibly, unless you make me hate it."

:banghead:

Oh yea, don't for get the diamond plate and skulls...
:ROFLMAO:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Cool start. I'd reduce the amount of fonts though.

Ditto...

Absolutely love the pizazzzzz.....but it would help tie things together using fewer fonts.

Swap out the burnishing tool for another brush....most people don't know what that tool is for.

JB

Ok, BALL PICK, it looked like burnishing tool to me...

Hey, if your happy with the way it looks as is, fine, however don't put it up for critique, if you don't want to hear honest opinions!

YOUR WORDS: "back of the shirts possibly, unless you make me hate it."

:banghead:

Oh yea, don't for get the diamond plate and skulls...
:ROFLMAO:

If you think I need some lesson in humility, I think you are reading too far into things. I said it needs some minor tweaks, but I'm happy with it. Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but essentially I am happy with it...until you make me hate it. I never said I don't want to hear honest opinions. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. ;)

Jillbeans

I don't care for the screenprinting font in that application (love the font for other uses) try using that font for SIGNS and the non-inline version of it for screenprinting.
Lose the hot pink and make the pink parts the same as the red S in the logo because they clash.
I'd also make the screenprinting panel in red with white lettering.
Love....Jill