• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Advice on Encad printers

JCteesOhio

I have seen some used Encad printers and the price does not look bad to start . Is there anything I should check before giving a try to any of these units? special inks? do i need a laminator ?

Bogie

Back in The Day, I had a Novajet Pro 36...

Had one of my researchers sneeze on a poster. The ink ran.

Sucker sure was cheap to run tho, and it was generally trouble-free. RIP was slower than cold molasses.

Pro Image

You'll need to laminate for any outdoor work.............

It will only print on coated material.......Fellers carries a nice selection of it and the ink and printer heads(cartages).........

You must use the GO ink for anything outdoors as well.......

I have a 850 42in................
the 850 and 880 have 8 print heads... I have mine set-up for 4 color GO and 4 color GS indoor ink so we can print indoor and outdoor stuff without having to change out inks.......

Since I bought my Valuejet I will most likely turn it into a 8 color indoor poster printer..................

They also print at 600dpi only....................

Techman

I have an encad 600 E . it runs great, and does a reasonable job. Got it used and got past theh learning curve with it. It still makes me money. Just this weekend I did $360 bux for some golf tourny signs. sign at $30 bux each,, Liquid lam'd using my secret formula..

Did a trailer panel the parades last month. $600 bux..
This machine is perfect for what I use it for. Banners, yard signs, short term stuff .Pop displays, cut outs. lots of stuff.

oc63rag

There have been some changes at Kodak/Encad over the past year that have changed their level of tech support. I know a few people with Encad printers who are complaining that the service level has dropped off.
If you're looking at buying one, I'd make sure you can get parts and service if needed.

studio10

Encad check

Yes, before buying check:

1. plot time,
2. do a prime and check cartriges,
3. do a servo PWM test ( for chek bushig set),and other similar tests

These tests are under utility meny or utility/service meny on Encad Novajet 750&850&880 series printers, but I think the other Encad are the same.

Visualy chek trailing cable, belt, rollers, carriage movement, encoder strip.

wes70

I have an encad 600 E . it runs great, and does a reasonable job. Got it used and got past theh learning curve with it. It still makes me money. Just this weekend I did $360 bux for some golf tourny signs. sign at $30 bux each,, Liquid lam'd using my secret formula..

Did a trailer panel the parades last month. $600 bux..
This machine is perfect for what I use it for. Banners, yard signs, short term stuff .Pop displays, cut outs. lots of stuff.

Hey what's the secret formula for your liquid lam or is too top secret that you would have too kill me if you told me?

Techman

HEHE,, the wonders of once being a Chem Engineering student at University of New Orelans.

There are more than a few products that are all the very same. Just different names for the same thing. Lots of them start out as a bulk product ordered in drums at a time. Then divvied up into smaller units according to the reseller.
For example ther eis one product used as a lam that costs over 75 a gallon. The bulk price is just about 3 bux a gallon with shipping.

I cannot go further, I am sworn to secrecy..

Liquified acrylic is one. HINT HINT..