• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please have administrator setup tsp/ip

bigkahuna_305

My old pc crashed and am setting the new one up when adding my truvis sg2-300 I put the ip in and hit test and it says to have the administrator setup tcp/ip. Any help is appreciated thank you!

netsol

your pc can't find the ip address of the printer
can you go into control panel on the printer & read the numbers in network settings?

netsol

in windows 10, you may need to "make the pc discoverable" in network center or make an exception or a rule in windows defender firewall. (as a test, turn off firewall and see if it works)

you may want to open a command prompt (start>run> cmd
type ping followed by the ip address of the printer, hit enter. it should send 4 pings & get 4 replies

this will only work if the ip's are in the same subnet IE: 192.169.1.106 & 102.168.1.110

bigkahuna_305

in windows 10, you may need to "make the pc discoverable" in network center or make an exception or a rule in windows defender firewall. (as a test, turn off firewall and see if it works)

you may want to open a command prompt (start>run> cmd
type ping followed by the ip address of the printer, hit enter. it should send 4 pings & get 4 replies

this will only work if the ip's are in the same subnet IE: 192.169.1.106 & 102.168.1.110
This new pc has windows 11 pro think it's the same way I should try?

Bill DiStasio

i have them both matching, i checked my config and they match but it keeps saying that
Make sure the printer dhcp off. I had this problem with my cutter last week after moving. It was assigning a new ip address every time but it wasn't showing it on the printer. I also used the USB connection directly to the printer so I could change settings on the printer setup.

bigkahuna_305

Make sure the printer dhcp off. I had this problem with my cutter last week after moving. It was assigning a new ip address every time but it wasn't showing it on the printer. I also used the USB connection directly to the printer so I could change settings on the printer setup.
Where would i find that setting?