• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please hel a newbeee

S

Sign-Man Signs

It appears we have a failure to communicate.
"RIP — raster image processing [verb] or raster image processor [noun] — is the process and the means of turning vector digital information such as a PostScript file into a high-resolution raster image. That is, the RIP takes the digital information about fonts and graphics that describes the appearance of your file and translates it into an image composed of individual dots that the imaging device (such as your desktop printer or an imagesetter) can output."
Now that wasn't hard was it.....
Parachute, it appears to me that you are trying to pick the brains of the members here to help you start a business without really re-searching your business plan. Though most of us(sign makes) would like to help you with the questions you ask, however I think you are better off asking them from a company that will supply you with the demographics you require. They however will charge you for the information, as we here will give you our best shot and opinions.
The answers here are FREE so don't whine about the responses you get when you're trying to get something for nothing. Good luck,I think you're going to need it.

signmeup

Raster image processor. Thanks. So pretty much any software that can print has this? Or is it part of the operating system? Is it something you have to adjust and tweak with a large format printer? I have always wondered why they are mentioned so much.

Adrian

Ken

Lighten up folks..Our friend in Peru is asking for help with a new aspect to his business. Pachacutec..Is there a place you can go to see these machines first hand? I operate a Roland SP300..I've had it for nearly 4 years now...When you start poking around, inside the machine, you will see that it is a highly organized and complicated piece of engineering. Japanese engineering.. They invented it, perfected it. Uses Epson print heads. To me, my 4 year old machine is almost still as valuable as when I bought it, however with our tax laws as they are..the machine is already a write-off..So that was a 15K machine..now worth very little..but still very useful..I would try to consider this when you attempt to buy and re-sell used equipment. Who will service the used equipment you import? You need to have that in place....
Good luck...Ken