• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please help I'm new pnc 1100

Flame

you didnt dial right....its 1-850-944-5060. depending on your computer for CORLE VERSION....if you got a 1.7 gig or higher processor, a lot of ram, XP ....THEN X3 IS GOOD....corel 10 will run on XP very fast.
flamey ive cut large files, intricut file, and stuff up to 17 feet in one pass.........it aint the plotter. as an old comuter programer told me when started computers....95% OF COMPUTER PROBLEMS ARE HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!!!!

Hey I tried calling to yell at you but you wouldn't pick up.

:tongue:

gvgraphics

you didnt dial right....its 1-850-944-5060. depending on your computer for CORLE VERSION....if you got a 1.7 gig or higher processor, a lot of ram, XP ....THEN X3 IS GOOD....corel 10 will run on XP very fast.
flamey ive cut large files, intricut file, and stuff up to 17 feet in one pass.........it aint the plotter. as an old comuter programer told me when started computers....95% OF COMPUTER PROBLEMS ARE HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!!!!

Just to bust on you OP, You put the number in wrong on the post you had 850-044-5060!!!

Your getting old!!

Taurusndixie

I have the GX-24 and PNC 1000A ( earlier version of the pnc1100 )
The PNC 1000A in 15 years, never needed a part, always runs and
simple to operate. I use it almost every day. Limitations are 20 inch width.
I have designed HUGE complicated files in Corel, exported them in .eps files
to SignMate, never had a problem and can cut any length.
If I had a PNC 1100 ( 24 inch width ) or could have found one when I needed it
I would have never bought the GX 24. By the time I have to tell the GX24
what to do, the old PNC 1000A is half way through the job.
I only use the GX24 when I need more than a 20 inch wide cut. And maybe
one day I might have use for the electronic eye of the GX24,... maybe.

PNC 1000's and 1100's have been advertised for 300-400 dollars.
For a newbie, I think it is a excellent starter machine. Very little programming
and no electronic eye to deal with. Before buying one of these old machines,
see it operate first. Later, if you wish, buy a newer machine and keep the old
one for a backup. One good thing about newer machines is warranty and tec support.
But you are also spending about 1200.00 plus more for it too.

Good Luck

OldPaint

THANK YOU TAURUS....from one taurus to another(may 20)
i got 2 of these machines.........sittin here....got a deal on a CX-300.........SWEEEEEEEEET MACHINE.....

KY ERAT

Hi Amber!!! I was in the EXACT place you are about a year ago. I bought a PNC 1100 & Corel 12. I knew zero,truly ZERO! Listen to OldPaint he got me up & going and knows what he is talking about. No person on 101 knows more about the 1100 than OP.Good luck !! If you want to talk newbe to newbe call me, Mike @ 606-748-1888 anytime.

neato

Hey, I use a PNC1100 too. I was using a Graphtec prior to getting this one (The shop closed). I have to say, the Graphtec was a little quieter, but the PNC does a fantastic job. Picked it up for $500 and it looks brand new. I'm happy with it. Of course, I don't do a TON of vinyl either, since I'm mainly a screen printing shop. But when I do, it's very reliable and user friendly.

I had a pnc 1100 when it was a new machine and cut literally miles of vinyl with it and being before digital print did some incredibly intricit jobs with it OFTEN and never had a problem, so sadly i must say that Flame's statement is not based on real world experience. I would agree though that you could probably find newer equipment if you did some hunting, I've seen many Summa DC 60 plotters for smoking prices.