• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help!!!

G6Signs

We are having problems with our fc545ex. When we go to print something that is supposed to be white, it comes out pinkish/orangish. We have a project right now that has gradiant going from a dark blue and fades into white. Right before it fades into white, it comes out purplish. It does leave the white at the top but the purplish color shouldnt be there. We also have a job were doing for the local bus system and we are printing their maps. The maps print fine, except where there is a picture of the bus, it has a pinkish/purple tone to it. We have printed the same maps before, with no problems, but for some reason the roland is acting up. We called LFP and they told us it was the file. OK, but why is my cannon 4000 printing it like it should be, but not the roland. We have called LFP numerous times, and they say its the file. We cant figure out what the deal is. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks
G6 Signs & Designs

petepaz

what kind of material are you printing on
we have had issues on occasion with our versa camms where the material had a lot of static as it unrolled and would cause like an over spray in the white areas

sorry not familiar with that printer
also did you try a head cleaning

If you meant to post you have a sc545ex, never heard of a fs545ex... Anyways that is a 6 color printer and If you are using versaworks for your RIP. 1st do a test print on front panel of printer look at all 6 colors nozzle check pattern. If for some reason you are missing a group of any of those colors it could cause it to have the issue you are having if all nozzles of all 6 colors print perfectly. 2nd do the test print out of your versaworks rip, it prints 4 color boxes and a guitar to the side of it look at the solid color boxes and the guitar print for discoloration or overspray as pete is refering too. 3rd it could be file but it more than likely is missing or deflection of printhead firing especially since you said it prints fine on the cannon. If you cant get it fixed email me I will walk you through fixing it. Have a great day!!

dee

Hi, it sounds to me more like a profiling issue. If you dont have time to profile, you could try (and it dosnt always work depends how off you are) re linearizing your media and trying it until you have time to make the complete profile.