• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please remove the cactus before I start.

showcase 66

Is that too much to ask.

I have a client that I do all their new tenants signs. Their main sign out front has one side that is easy as heck to get to and do. The other side as Beaver tail cactus all around it.

I have asked them repeatedly to have someone cut back the cactus so it is much safer to do the install and removal of vinyl.

The last time I was there I told them that there would be an extra fee if I have to climb over the cactus and in doing the install or removal I get stuck with any cactus. Up to this time I have not had a problem but it has grown out a lot and it was only time before it happened.

Get there today and the cactus has been cut back on the front side but not next to the sign. WTF! I went into the main building that the owners are in and ask about it. They said they had someone do it but when I showed them their response was Oh I did not know you meant actully next to the sign, I thought you only wanted it cleared along the path to it.

Told them I would do the sign today with an extra $50 added to what they normally pay me for the signs. Should have told them $500 as my left leg had about as many needles in it as it has hair on it.

If you dont know what beaver tail cactus is, it has very fine needles that you would swear are shot at you. Just getting really close to them can actually end up with the cactus in your skin. The worse part is after you think you have gotten them all out, you lean into something and find the couple you missed.

My left leg has no hair left on it and I "think" I got them all out.

Next week I am suppose to do another one for them. Not getting done unless they cut that damn cactus back.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We always charge a nuisance cacti fee and so should you. Get to the point and don't let them needle you out of it.

JB

2B

take a machete with you and walk into the office holding it, tell them to ensure you do not have any extra fees I will be "trimming" the cactus back in 30 mins.

Bet they have it cleaned up

slipperyfrog

My calves have lost all hair from picking cactus needles out of them. The worse is when you get one of the microscopic ones embedded in your shoe that just will not come out.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My calves have lost all hair from picking cactus needles out of them. The worse is when you get one of the microscopic ones embedded in your shoe that just will not come out.

I'd pitch the shoes and start fresh. Some things just aren't worth it.

JB

ThinkRight

Is that too much to ask.

I have a client that I do all their new tenants signs. Their main sign out front has one side that is easy as heck to get to and do. The other side as Beaver tail cactus all around it.

I have asked them repeatedly to have someone cut back the cactus so it is much safer to do the install and removal of vinyl.

The last time I was there I told them that there would be an extra fee if I have to climb over the cactus and in doing the install or removal I get stuck with any cactus. Up to this time I have not had a problem but it has grown out a lot and it was only time before it happened.

Get there today and the cactus has been cut back on the front side but not next to the sign. WTF! I went into the main building that the owners are in and ask about it. They said they had someone do it but when I showed them their response was Oh I did not know you meant actully next to the sign, I thought you only wanted it cleared along the path to it.

Told them I would do the sign today with an extra $50 added to what they normally pay me for the signs. Should have told them $500 as my left leg had about as many needles in it as it has hair on it.

If you dont know what beaver tail cactus is, it has very fine needles that you would swear are shot at you. Just getting really close to them can actually end up with the cactus in your skin. The worse part is after you think you have gotten them all out, you lean into something and find the couple you missed.

My left leg has no hair left on it and I "think" I got them all out.

Next week I am suppose to do another one for them. Not getting done unless they cut that damn cactus back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZdaP1FPwo

:doh:

booshworks

Duct tape is a miracle for cactus needles.

I had a girlfriend (note: "had") that loved cactus plants in her bedroom. I would constantly get needles in my arms, legs, hands, even my rear end one night.

Duct tape. Press it against the skin and peel away and they come right out.

showcase 66

They teach you to use Duct tape around here for cacti removal. Pretty much waxed my legs with the duct tape this afternoon.

I called one of my clients who has a landscaping business. Told him the address of the place and what needs to be done. He is going to stop by tomorrow and leave a quote for the trimming.

2B

I had a girlfriend (note: "had") that loved cactus plants in her bedroom. I would constantly get needles in my arms, legs, hands, even my rear end one night.

Duct tape. Press it against the skin and peel away and they come right out.

this sounds like an interesting story.......

anotherdog

Cactus is one thing, but having to dig the sign out of four feet of frozen snow...
not many cacti in Canada.