• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Help?

Shiz Stain

Wazz Upp,

A few months ago I purchased a plotter from ebay. It said it worked perfectly fine and the person had over 500 reviews and was trusted. So I bought the plotter and it came with ArtCut Software.

The name of the plotter is ArtSign AS-1360, I tried to install it like the directions said but heres the problem. I have a job so I go to Cut/Plot and it sends the information but the plotter doesn't want to accept it and just stands there not even cutting the design out.

So I tried and tried and contacted the person he said try this and that, and in the end I feel that I got ripped off of my money for a piece of ~~~~ that doesn't even work.

I have heard that the ArtSign AS-1360 is also called a Seiki Tech 1360, but I don't know wheter its right or wrong. I looked in my Flexi Program for ArtSign but could'nt find it but they do have Seiki Tech, so I tried it out and no luck either, the plotter just stands there.

If anyone knows what I could do it would be really help alot.

Thanks

Techman

go to the plotter maker and get their tech support. You got a less known machine. Veyr few will have any idea whats wrong..

Lunatic Taskbar

Please post an introduction.

Sorry never heard of your cutter.

Ok onto the initial problem, check cables are they known to be working?

is it USB or LPT1 thats its connecting to?

If USB does your computer recognize that there is a port there?

If its LPT1 how is the port set up, Bi-directional, EPP etc?

Now does your software look to the appropriate port?

Can your cutter cut a test cut, and does it work ok.

What are you trying to cut? Start with something simple, like a square. Don't try text just yet wait untill you can cut simple things with ease.

To save your vinyl, try paper and a plotter pen. (did it come with a plotter pen)? just to see if its moving and cutting.

Next is the driver for the cutter in the software. find out if the plotter is known under another name if its not in there. If its not and you can't find anything try a PNC 1000a.

That should cover all the basic stuff.

Let us know how you progress with this.

W

wetgravy

Sounds like a port problem. also, it has an optional usb adapter so that might be an option. check your ports and make sure its set up to goto the right one.