Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plotter problems

Discussion in 'Summa' started by spacemonkey, Aug 1, 2008.

1. spacemonkey

spacemonkey New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Has anyone had any problems with calibration problems? ie. cal. opos,cal. media. And if any, what was your solution? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    cmon man
    Give up some info.
    Who made it\
    what model
    what software
    what OS

3. spacemonkey

spacemonkey New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Well, It's a Gerber P2c plotter, using Composer to cut and am running XP. It seems that when I run Cal. Opos. and weed the rectangle the result is a Cal Failed. When I run Cal. Media it tells me "this media cannot be sensed with opos" obviously. How can I get this calibrated to sense registration marks? I am a newbie at this so I must be missing some piece of the puzzle. Thanks.

4. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf
    Gerber P2c = SummaCut series

you're using black vinyl? Either clean it well ( the vinyl ) or try sticking dark blue just to get the offset correct.. you're taking the square out not weeding around it....
    is the opos working at all ( is the red light showing on the vinyl) there may be something blocking it.

you can set media calibration manually

http://www.summausa.com/downloads/opos2_manual.pdf

On a side note I didn't know Summa also licensed the opos tech to gerber...heh

Summa Users