• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Question, Help Its Driving Me Crazy!!

PROBIRD

:help: WHAT MAKES MY ROLAND 24 LEAVE A TINY PIECE ON EACH LETTER UNCUT?

Makes weeding VERY irratating, like when it cuts a zero it leaves a tiny piece where it starts and stops the cut uncut.

help would be apreciated....thanks in advance...:Cool 2:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check your blade offset. It probably needs to be increased for a greater overcut. Or your blade might just need replacement.

Techman

Usually..

its best change the blade. As it wears the cutting area moves away from the tip up the incline. Thus it starts to leave uncut nips on the cuttings. Offset is good but when you add in a new blade it wil lneed to be set back..

If it has always done it, then most likely the blade offset needs to be set. If it just started, and there have been no changes (even the blade is the same), then you most likely have broken the tip off of the blade.

OldPaint

"then you most likely have broken the tip off of the blade."
dont you really want to rethink.....this...??????? thinkaboutit..........................

PROBIRD

Cx 24, What Should The Offset Be At, Like When Purchased New What Is The Default?

Did,nt Do This When I Got It So I Figure I Must Have Changed Something On Accident.....thanks To All.

iSign

it is one of a handful of fairly basic setting on the plotter itself. Not as frequently changed as force, or speed, but often right there among them in the plotter interface

style_od

Hi guys...
I'm new to the board so hello to you all..and i appreciate the knowledge here.

I have recently purchased a roland stika sx-15 which is doing exactly the same thing (very annoyingly) leaving tiny uncut pieces. I've just set it up and i'm using the Dr. Stika software that came with it.

Would this be the same fix for me.. to configure the offset, or would i need to be trying better software aswell?

The blade looks fine its just the weeding. Also my stika didn't come with a manual so adjusting the force, is this done manually?

Any reply would be appreciated, thank you.

njsigns

style_od said:
I have recently purchased a roland stika sx-15 which is doing exactly the same thing (very annoyingly) leaving tiny uncut pieces. I've just set it up and i'm using the Dr. Stika software that came with it.

I would adjust the blade depth on the Stika, which is done manually. I used one for years, and found this to happen when setting up/changing blades. The online manual is here. Page 31 will show you how to adjust/change the blade. Blades will often "look ok" when indeed they just aren't sharp enough to cut anything besides your finger. Good luck!

Gene

PROBIRD

using vinylmaster pro that by the way unregistered back at daylight savings and have yet to get it to register again, so calender is set 3 months back.(WHAT A COMPLETE PAIN IN THE .....YOU KNOW)

gtcway

I have the same setup. If you go to http://vinylmasterpro.com/registration/re_register_vmp.htm
move the mouse pointer in a counterclockwise circle while patting you head and rubbing your stomach in a clockwise circle, you might be able to reregister.:Big Laugh I haven't tried it yet but disabling auto daylight savings time adjustment might solve the problem.
I've thought of upgrading to 2.7 to get the dongle but keep holding out hoping version 3 shows up. I've had two scary moments with it. Over a year ago my motherboard died and I was able to get it registered on another pc with the help of Shaun Maurrel. Also, just two days ago, I enable File and Print Sharing on the computer with VMP and it deregistered, in the middle of a job that needed to be finished.
I've never had the problem you're having but if it helps, my offset is 0.250