• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Repair near Amarillo, TX

W

wetgravy

Hey guys, we have in the shop a plotter that is still good, but the motor for the vinyl feed is burnt out somewhere ... does anyone know if there is a place near Amarillo, TX that repairs plotters ... I would like to get this one back to running condition so I can at least have a backup in the shop if this new one dies suddenly. Any help would be appreciated.

Techman

u can purchase those servo motors just about anywhere they sell servo motors.
Al you have to do is remove 4 screws ,, unlug and replace. Change the sprocket and yer done.

W

wetgravy

thought of that, but it's an older mimaki and i'm not to sure if it's not the control board or the motors ... it died before i started working here and apperently the plotter head still moves but the feed doesn't ... the old sign guy tinkered with it ... but i don't think he knew what he was doing ... so at this point ... it's repair tech time :)

Jim Doggett

SignWarehouse.com in Denison is driving distance, sort of. Also Feller's in OK is close, by national standards. Pretty cool that the Panhandle is surrounded by the world leaders.