Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugged lines on XC 540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by shooter, Sep 16, 2009.

1. shooter

shooter New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I had been having some banding problems when printing. after doing the test print, I noticed approximately 3 heads were hardly putting out any Ink. I have performed a manual clean, and the extreme clean on all ABC options. Wow does that dump a lot of Ink. After performing the test print they still don't work.

Any suggestions? Of course this is the week that work has picked up and I have deadlines to meet.

Tags:
  2. shooter

shooter New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Here is what the test print looked like after performing a manual cleanand the powerful clean. Am I interpreting this correctly that the machine has three plugged lines? I am using the Roland Ink cartridges.

Attached Files:

3. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    Most likely you do not have clogged ink lines. Could be any of a number of problems; blown head fuse, clogged damper, clogged nozzles, etc...

4. mgliss

mgliss New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    I would suggest printing solid bars of cmyk. A lot of times this flushes out any crap that might be clogging lines of printheads.

5. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Have your tech realign the heads to the cap tops... this is your problem...Gar-un-teeed.

6. shooter

shooter New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I worked with Roland technical support. I replaced all six of my cap tops and had to manually prime some lines with a syringe. I also replaced the wiper blades and have three damper controls here on backup. Although the wait time was rather lengthy, what a refreshing change in technical support. My last experience with tech support was with Gerber and if I recall correctly I had to pay them just to get in line to talk to someone.

My machine is almost 3 years old. Unfortunately, I neglected to perform a standard routine maintenance. I probably only cleaned the tops two or three times total. :doh: It is good to have the machine up and running again. It is also nice to have the knowledge I gained on servicing my machine.

Thanks for all of your help.

7. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

i am going with bad alignment with the caps... run a medium clean and when you hear the pumps kick on, wiggle the printhead carriage left and right repeatedly.... this may be an easy fix.