• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plugged lines on XC 540

shooter

I had been having some banding problems when printing. after doing the test print, I noticed approximately 3 heads were hardly putting out any Ink. I have performed a manual clean, and the extreme clean on all ABC options. Wow does that dump a lot of Ink. After performing the test print they still don't work.

Any suggestions? Of course this is the week that work has picked up and I have deadlines to meet.

shooter

Here is what the test print looked like after performing a manual cleanand the powerful clean. Am I interpreting this correctly that the machine has three plugged lines? I am using the Roland Ink cartridges.

Attachments

• roland 001.jpg
    roland 001.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 114

SE SignSupply

Most likely you do not have clogged ink lines. Could be any of a number of problems; blown head fuse, clogged damper, clogged nozzles, etc...

mgliss

I would suggest printing solid bars of cmyk. A lot of times this flushes out any crap that might be clogging lines of printheads.

shooter

I worked with Roland technical support. I replaced all six of my cap tops and had to manually prime some lines with a syringe. I also replaced the wiper blades and have three damper controls here on backup. Although the wait time was rather lengthy, what a refreshing change in technical support. My last experience with tech support was with Gerber and if I recall correctly I had to pay them just to get in line to talk to someone.

My machine is almost 3 years old. Unfortunately, I neglected to perform a standard routine maintenance. I probably only cleaned the tops two or three times total. :doh: It is good to have the machine up and running again. It is also nice to have the knowledge I gained on servicing my machine.

Thanks for all of your help.

synergy_jim

i am going with bad alignment with the caps... run a medium clean and when you hear the pumps kick on, wiggle the printhead carriage left and right repeatedly.... this may be an easy fix.