• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PM won't "stop" "delete" or "abort"

John L

At times we send a print and the rip starts and completes. Then after a few minutes we realize for some reason... we need to stop things and start over.

We can't get production manager to respond to any of the standards.. stop delete or abort. It just seems to lock up.

John L

No it does it in my legal version too. hahaha, kidding 2. I wish this was cracked but alas they got my money for real. It doesn't do it all the time. Maybe my puter is lacking the balls to keep up with their awesome product. That avatar is giving me nightmares.

Attachments

• IMG_4932 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4932 (Custom).JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 129

John L

Yeh I did. I don't see many problems in PM other than this but it happens a couple times a week cause we keep forgetting to select the proper media, etc.

When it locks up like this it doesn't respond to the stop or trashcan icons or rightclick and select the orders.

As a test, I just started a print and stopped it, aborted, deleted... no troubles. It just acts up when it wants to. Last time it locked up I had to repower the sec thing to get it to open the port back up.

Shovelhead

No it does it in my legal version too. hahaha, kidding 2. I wish this was cracked but alas they got my money for real. It doesn't do it all the time. Maybe my puter is lacking the balls to keep up with their awesome product. That avatar is giving me nightmares.

sure...and old hat box with a Xerox copy of a legitimate copy....
Hat box??....who even knows what a hat box is anymore...
you know I'm just shuckin' and jivin' ya??!!!

sthorn

Had the same problem 3 weeks ago

Try using a new cable. We had a firewire cable that would occasionally cause problems just like what you describe. It would stop printing and just lock up until we rebooted the PC and started all over again. It appears that it would lose the connection from time to time. No fun when it crashes on a 10 foot banner with about 3 inches left. Anyway we switched out the firewire cable and no more lockups.

Matthew Scher

The abort button will not work if the loop that is sending data gets "stuck" because the printer is not responding. I found that the easiest fix for this is to exit Production Manager.

On Exit, it will ask you if you want to abort the jobs, and this abort has always worked for me. Then just relaunch PM and you will be back up and running.

Techman

goto printers and faxes.
click on the default printer (the one with the check)
it will bring up the spooler window
should find your job there. highlight it,, and the delete.